Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Camouflaged hunter tracks, shoots, and kills a...

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
...Scottish goat.

The replies are worth the entrance fee alone:-

[tweet]1054798585940926466[/tweet]

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Even the goat is facepalming.

Pricks.

PS : Who the shit takes a picture of someone taking a picture?

Anyway, if you're on Islay, why the feck aren't you busy tasting Whisky?!!!!

Last edited:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Saw a tweet from a local saying the goats are semi-tame and pretty used to having people around. Makes it even sadder.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some are tremendous. Didn't see one that was supportive.
There's a Canadian flag tweet saying something along the lines of us being so precious as all of that animal will be taken away and used.

[tweet]1055162580665331712[/tweet]

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Can’t support any so called ‘sport’ that uses animals for fun and results in either stress or death of the animal.

I include horse and greyhound racing, polo, game shooting, show jumping etc. amongst those sports

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
If you read the story, locals say goats and deer are culled to keep numbers down. But they glorified hunting tame goats for 2 days to finally bag one. One local said you can get within 10 feet of them. Not exactly game is it. :nono:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It's genuinely sad that someone feels the need to track down and shoot a Goat, where have all the Tigers gone? :-(

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Can’t support any so called ‘sport’ that uses animals for fun and results in either stress or death of the animal.

I include horse and greyhound racing, polo, game shooting, show jumping etc. amongst those sports

I'm with you on the whole on that one. Not completely, but on the whole. I've been to horse racing events where the horses are clearly loving it. I've been to dog races where the dogs are clearly loving it.

However, I've seen horses put down and dogs injured irreparably through what they clearly love doing, so who is right and who is wrong. I suppose it's us because we force them to do it...

That said - would a horse gallop through a field in the wild, put its hoof in a hole, fall over and break a leg (then die). Would a dog in the wild chase some prey, fall over, break a leg, then eventually die?

Two sides to the argument, as ever, but I'd say that if you were purely pro-animal you'd say any sport involving animals is for the entertainment of humans and is essentially unnecessary.

OMG - I've just become a leftie ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's genuinely sad that someone feels the need to track down and shoot a Goat, where have all the Tigers gone? :-(

A tiger on Islay would have sorted out the goat 'problem' in next to no time, esp if it had some Hobnobs with him.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
A tiger on Islay would have sorted out the goat 'problem' in next to no time, esp if it had some Hobnobs with him.

Then you get some berks with rifles 'sorting out' the McTiger problem, and the whole instagram merry-go-round starts again...

I say lure these hunters in with false promises, then get our wonderful British SAS trainees to hunt them as part of their induction :salute:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Then you get some berks with rifles 'sorting out' the McTiger problem, and the whole instagram merry-go-round starts again...

I say lure these hunters in with false promises, then get our wonderful British SAS trainees to hunt them as part of their induction :salute:

There's only so much goat any one tiger can eat.
He'll soon get SAD due to the lack of sunshine in Scotishland and be on the first ferry out of there.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I'm with you on the whole on that one. Not completely, but on the whole. I've been to horse racing events where the horses are clearly loving it. I've been to dog races where the dogs are clearly loving it.

However, I've seen horses put down and dogs injured irreparably through what they clearly love doing, so who is right and who is wrong. I suppose it's us because we force them to do it...

That said - would a horse gallop through a field in the wild, put its hoof in a hole, fall over and break a leg (then die). Would a dog in the wild chase some prey, fall over, break a leg, then eventually die?

Two sides to the argument, as ever, but I'd say that if you were purely pro-animal you'd say any sport involving animals is for the entertainment of humans and is essentially unnecessary.

OMG - I've just become a leftie ???

It’s the misuse of animals for ‘fun’ that I find difficult to morally justify. Why I find that wrong yet accept the use of animals for food and work is difficult to explain.

In the case of the sports I mentioned it’s not so much what may happen to them whilst partaking in the ‘sport’ but what happens to those animals which don’t make the grade or come to the end of their careers. Thousands of dogs and hundreds of horses for example are destroyed or abandoned each year because they are no longer of any use.

One of our horses was an ex-hunter thoroughbred - found in a field 700lbs underweight, barbed wire around his legs and with a broken jaw. Another was a successful dressage horse that stretched a tendon and ended up at ‘market’, bought by people who bred from her and were later investigated by the RSPCA. Came to us grossly underweight one Christmas Eve in the freezing cold, grossly underweight, no rug, rain scald and pregnant.

I know from personal experience the ‘hidden’ consequences of equestrian ‘sport’.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here