Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Bohemian Rhapsody - Biopic movie.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I remember hearing Bohemian Rhapsody being played over the PA at Swindon after we lost 3-2 in November 1975. I've loathed it ever since.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Went this pm. It was very good. Great casting and music predictably brilliant. Saw real Queen at Brighton Centre years ago and ne Queen at the O2. Yes, I am a fan. No spoilers as we all know what happened!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Whatever your view is, you cannot deny the music will be superb.

Not so sure about Doing All Right...revisited which is performed by Smile, which has Tim Staffell on vocals.

Also not sure why they needed to do a movie mix of We Will Rock You.

Will probably still go and see though

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
This reads exactly like the Guardian review this morning, including the Spinal Tap reference. Trouble with reviews is they can stop you having an open mind.

I haven't read it, but I've followed the making on the film. I love things like that, the egos etc.. I've wasted hours reading about Bucks Fizz and the all the legal cases when they broke up.

Queen fans are a very sensitive bunch and they've been listing all the inaccuracies IN GREAT DETAIL online.

Brian May is famously sensitive about any criticism. He kicked offline about someone having a pop at his hair a few years ago.

John Deacon won't meet the other members anymore, they've seemingly fallen out with Mary Austin and there have been numerous bitchy biographies from Mercury's former entourage about being booted out of the house when he died.

Anita Dobson is holding everything together.

:lolol:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Enjoy, I like Rami Malik as an actor, he was v.good in Pacific.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Rather strange seeing the trailers after watching Mr Robot for the last 3 years. Rami Malek plays such a sedentary character as Elliot Alderson.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just realised the actor playing John Deacon also starred in Pacific alongside Rami Malik.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I thought it was fantastic. Maybe not gritty and miserable enough for the oh so clever and witty guardian and independent reviewers but really enjoyable with obviously a sad ending.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Watched it this afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn’t aware of Freddie’s upbringing. At the end of the day it’s a film that you don’t have to analyse too deeply.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I remember hearing Bohemian Rhapsody being played over the PA at Swindon after we lost 3-2 in November 1975. I've loathed it ever since.

Was it similar to this? :lolol:

Green Day gig at The Emirates. I'm in the middle of this lot somewhere loving it.

[YT]iw4PS4HO2Dw[/YT]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Never ceases to amaze me when people go and see a MOVIE, then pick holes in how true-to-life it is. Same as with stuff like Braveheart and William Wallace, when people were falling over themselves to pour scorn on its historical accuracy.

If you want to know the facts, whistle up a documentary or read a book. If you want to see a drama with some artistic licence being taken, then go along to the film, but set your default expectations to "entertainment" not "education", and try to enjoy it for what it is - a dramatisation BASED on events, not a chapter-and-verse biopic.

(Not seen this Queen film yet, but I'll probably have a sniff as I was a bit of a fan back in the day).

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Never ceases to amaze me when people go and see a MOVIE, then pick holes in how true-to-life it is. Same as with stuff like Braveheart and William Wallace, when people were falling over themselves to pour scorn on its historical accuracy.

If you want to know the facts, whistle up a documentary or read a book. If you want to see a drama with some artistic licence being taken, then go along to the film, but set your default expectations to "entertainment" not "education", and try to enjoy it for what it is - a dramatisation BASED on events, not a chapter-and-verse biopic.

(Not seen this Queen film yet, but I'll probably have a sniff as I was a bit of a fan back in the day).
:thumbsup:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
First saw Queen at Earls Court in 77 (and then Wembley Arena, Brighton, MK Bowl)
went to the Freddie Tribute concert, and saw new Queen with Paul Rogers a couple of times.

Got my tickets for Monday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here