Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Central Heating - Timed or Constant

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
On really cold nights keep it on constant as a frozen condensation pipe will stop your boiler from firing and is a right bugger to thaw out again!

considered lagging?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Timed. We had a problem with our CH a couple of years ago, in the coldest week of the year. A valve seized up because we used to have our Hot water on Constant, the valve was never switched, seized up and meant the whole system shut down.

A week without heating where the temperature didn't go above zero during the day...….

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Before my son was born in February I used to set it for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Not timed, just turned on as and when.

From the day he was born up until about mid April it was on a constant 18 degrees and this winter I'll have had a new boiler installed with weather compensation, as such it will also be on constantly.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Constant after the first frosts , the money saved by keep it on a timer is soon swallowed up when the bloody pipe thing eventually freezes up outside and pop goes a pipe , usually under a bloody floorboard , bloody timer my arse .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I have a Nest thermostat. Heating is set to 19C from 07:00 to 23:00 and 12C from 23:00-07:00. Thermostatical valves in all but one room. In addition I have blueteeth timer valves in lounge, our bedroom & son's room, set to lower the temp when they are empty (for example our bedroom is fully heated from 0730 to 0930, then down to about 16 until 22:00 when it's on about 18 for an hour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here