Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] QPR v Massive

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Championship standard striker performing in the Championship. Shame he's doing it for such a wanker in McLaren, but no surprise he's doing the job.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Championship standard striker performing in the Championship. Shame he's doing it for such a wanker in McLaren, but no surprise he's doing the job.

The difference is though is that he is a natural striker. Yes he needs 3 attempts to score but he poses more threat than Locadia. He also works a lot harder.

Locadia is a flop.so far

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Got on at White City tonight just as the fans were arriving.

A Wednesday Fan went though the barrier and immediately stopped to put his ticket back in his wallet (and wallet away) causing a snarl up of passengers at the barriers.

He even tutted at someone bumping into him.

Like people standing on the left hand side of the escalator there is never a clearer indication that they are either a tourist or not from round these parts.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Got on at White City tonight just as the fans were arriving.

A Wednesday Fan went though the barrier and immediately stopped to put his ticket back in his wallet (and wallet away) causing a snarl up of passengers at the barriers.

He even tutted at someone bumping into him.

Like people standing on the left hand side of the escalator there is never a clearer indication that they are either a tourist or not from round these parts.

Thanks ???

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good to see Tomer scoring again, and what better club to do it against than Massive.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I assume if he continues to boss the Championship, then a few Championship teams will bid for him at the end of the season? Could be a tidy fee assuming we have him under contract?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hold on last season he wasn’t PL quality according to the wise on here, Que Locadia the new scapegoat until he bangs in two against Wolves, pathetic.

I have never said he wasn't Premier League quality – I don't think we had enough of a chance to judge if he was or not. What I WOULD say is that I saw more potential for Premier League quality from him than I have from Locadia SO FAR. I was one of the ones saying at the end of last season Locadia would be a big hit this season and, while I'm not writing him off, he's done very little to stop me edging closer towards the fence.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I assume if he continues to boss the Championship, then a few Championship teams will bid for him at the end of the season? Could be a tidy fee assuming we have him under contract?
He's out of contract at the end of the season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hats off to Steve McLaren he’s done a quite incredible job to turn things around there. They’d be 3rd in the league if the season started on 1st September.

:ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hats off to Steve McLaren he’s done a quite incredible job to turn things around there. They’d be 3rd in the league if the season started on 1st September.

:ohmy:
It's almost as if extrapolating a full Championship season out from August's results is a foolish thing to do and only carried out by dunderheads. :lol:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
he's done very little to stop me edging closer towards the fence.

He is not getting many minutes though except away from home in games where we are ‘backs-to-the-wall’.

A sub in the last two matches.

Nether-less.

He scored a perfectly good goal against West Ham (unfairly ruled offside) and produced a stunning assist to put it on a plate for Tequila.

CH must have a reason that he is preferred to Andone; I suspect we’ll find out on Saturday.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hold on last season he wasn’t PL quality according to the wise on here, Que Locadia the new scapegoat until he bangs in two against Wolves, pathetic.

Well they clearly didn't see the opening games last season, when Hemed was leading the line well and scoring vital goals against WBA and Newcastle. His hold up play was excellent, he looked sharp and set for a decent run in the side. Then along came that stamp and the rest is history. Without that suspension....who knows? I can see no reason why he wouldn't have stayed in the side, continued to score and Murray would have made much less of an impact.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He is not getting many minutes though except away from home in games where we are ‘backs-to-the-wall’.

A sub in the last two matches.

Nether-less.

He scored a perfectly good goal against West Ham (unfairly ruled offside) and produced a stunning assist to put it on a plate for Tequila.

CH must have a reason that he is preferred to Andone; I suspect we’ll find out on Saturday.
Come on this is NSC, even a 4 goal haul will result in:-

'It was only Wolves'.
'We were at home'.
'My mum could have put 3 of those in'.
'Barnes would have had 5'.
'He can't do it against the big teams'.

Anything is better than saying 'I was wrong'.

30 goals between now and the end of next season, (allow a boy to dream) a bidding war for him between City and Liverpool, and some on here will be saying 'I'll drive him there myself because he once tripped over the ball'.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Come on this is NSC, even a 4 goal haul will result in:-

'It was only Wolves'.
'We were at home'.
'My mum could have put 3 of those in'.
'Barnes would have had 5'.
'He can't do it against the big teams'.

Anything is better than saying 'I was wrong'.

30 goals between now and the end of next season, (allow a boy to dream) a bidding war for him between City and Liverpool, and some on here will be saying 'I'll drive him there myself because he once tripped over the ball'.

Even Brian Wade got 4 and look what happened to him blah blah...

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Well they clearly didn't see the opening games last season, when Hemed was leading the line well and scoring vital goals against WBA and Newcastle. His hold up play was excellent, he looked sharp and set for a decent run in the side. Then along came that stamp and the rest is history. Without that suspension....who knows? I can see no reason why he wouldn't have stayed in the side, continued to score and Murray would have made much less of an impact.

This sums it up for me. He was sparkling before the "over-balancing and accidentally standing on an opponents leg" incident.

CH clearly believes that Locadia is a far better PL striker than Tomer. On Saturday he will almost certainly have the opportunity to prove it. I have my doubts based on what I've seen so far but I hope I'm wrong. Because if I'm right, I fear for us if GM is out for any period of time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
This sums it up for me. He was sparkling before the "over-balancing and accidentally standing on an opponents leg" incident.

CH clearly believes that Locadia is a far better PL striker than Tomer. On Saturday he will almost certainly have the opportunity to prove it. I have my doubts based on what I've seen so far but I hope I'm wrong. Because if I'm right, I fear for us if GM is out for any period of time.

Hemed is dismissed far too lightly on here. He can play at PL level and be effective. He is a good header of the ball, like Murray and unlike Locadia. He is stronger than JL and has a proven penalty record. I too am worried about Locadia and Saturday will prove us right or wrong. It is likely to be an open game, so he will get a bit of space and show us the advantage of his pace v Murray/Hemed. He will be totally in the spotlight and under scrutiny and expected to produce something on the day. Most people will be able to make their mind up about him then and we will be able to move forward with either confidence or a lot of concern.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I blame sky, had they not kept on about that "stamp" he wouldn't have been suspended just when we was looking to cement himself into the team with two goals in three games, after those 4 games out he never got his form back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here