Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Strangely me and my husband do not argue maybe twice in 20 years of marriage. Once was just after we had our daughter, I was beyond tired so it was not his fault. So I think we are unusual or there is actually something very wrong. I am sure I annoy him as he annoys me sometimes. The worst is his middle age man moaning, on and on about stuff that really is not an issue, to the point when I have heard enough and say "Have you listened to yourself, FFS shut up" Don't get me wrong I really want him to talk to me about any real worry or concerns he has, but if the visitor next door has parked an inch over our drive or a sock has been left on the floor by my daughter... on and on and on. I am not interested.

:lolol:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Had an argument with an ex over the North Laine/lanes thing, she claimed that it did not matter, they are the north and south lanes, I obviously did not let this one go.

Incidentally, if a couple has an argument why is he in the doghouse? After a silly row once with an ex I was told to sleep on the sofa, I refused, if you do not want to share a bed love then you can get on the sofa by all means. That did not go down well but I wonder why the bloke has to go to the sofa?

Oh and yes, I have also been in trouble because of something in her dream, apparently this is common. Literally, MENTAL.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Only ever seem to argue in the car , usually about someone else’s slow driving as he overtakes them and produces the customary :wanker: sign for good measure, I then make the ridiculous mistake of asking why .

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Strangely me and my husband do not argue maybe twice in 20 years of marriage. Once was just after we had our daughter, I was beyond tired so it was not his fault. So I think we are unusual or there is actually something very wrong. I am sure I annoy him as he annoys me sometimes. The worst is his middle age man moaning, on and on about stuff that really is not an issue, to the point when I have heard enough and say "Have you listened to yourself, FFS shut up" Don't get me wrong I really want him to talk to me about any real worry or concerns he has, but if the visitor next door has parked an inch over our drive or a sock has been left on the floor by my daughter... on and on and on. I am not interested.

I work with a lot of people in their late 40s/early 50s. The men all seem to be grumpy and the women batshit, is this an inevitable result of ageing?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But, as you have seen from the replies, it IS normal.

Woman are an emotional, eccentric breed, that's all.

Two days, in truth, is probably not actually the punishment for the imagined transgression. The two day grump, is more often the punishment for laughing at the original minor sulk (for the imagined transgression).

If you want all the good stuff, you learn to deal with / shrug off, the occasional quirk and foible.

Indeed. I can add my name to that list as I've had it a couple of times where 'I' have done something wrong in her dream.

I'm not sure what it says about the state of my marriage where that isn't even close to being the most pointless argument we've ever had! :lolol:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
New Zealand last night of three week holiday got totally smashed watching bands and then a club, we stumbled out of the club at 4 in the morning and could not find our hotel or even remember its name.

we wondered around for what seemed like hours, her arguing how could I let her get so drunk with, eventually she found a pen in her bag with the hotel name on it.

we flagged down a taxi and and passed him then pen, saying take us here....

You sure he replied, yes, what ever it costs, she's doing my head in.....

he stuck the car in reverse and backed up twenty yards to our hotel...

true story.

she did not talk to me the whole journey home to England.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I also CAUSED a pointless argument between my friend and his girlfriend by getting him to agree with me that Carrie Fisher looked most attractive during the Cloud City scenes in The Empire Strikes Back. I have no idea why that pissed her off so much, but I was never invited around again.
You had truth on your side.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Arguments that im not rat arsed when i get back after the football and the dodgy takeaway i had it always happens after a game..why!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Indeed. I can add my name to that list as I've had it a couple of times where 'I' have done something wrong in her dream.

I'm not sure what it says about the state of my marriage where that isn't even close to being the most pointless argument we've ever had! :lolol:

The weird thing is...

I have had a dream where she was having an affair, and it does unsettle you when you wake up. However, I made a point of telling her about how weird a dream can make you feel.

"It can. But I'm not having an affair...", she said.

"Yeah, I know. But it still feels weird. It does put you out of kilter."

"Yes, of course, but... OHHH!. COME HERE, YOU..."

Stop thinking about what happened next if you want to keep your lunch down.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Mrs LLF and me rarely argue, as long as I do what I’m told.

Her most annoying trait though, is she will start thinking of something, and then ask me a question, such as “ Do you think I should do it”.
I have absolutely no idea what she’s talking about, or she’ll re- start a conversation that I thought we finished 3 weeks ago with something like”Well, if that happens, it won’t be very good “
I usually don’t have the foggiest what won’t be very good, until I’m told we talked about it the ‘other day ‘.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I work with a lot of people in their late 40s/early 50s. The men all seem to be grumpy and the women batshit, is this an inevitable result of ageing?

I think it is, and I am sure he probably moans about my strangeness when I am not around, of course to myself I seem completely normal but then I am sure am not, I just don't know which bits he finds odd. He does not understand my obsession, with all things Brighton and Hove Albion, I know that.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Normally just about whether I get to give her a facial or not. Women can be such spoil sports.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
i tried that auto erotic strangulation sex with the mrs the other night , never again , shes been face down on the bed giving me the silent treatment for 3 days now :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Mrs Zef and I don't have pointless rows, I don't think we've ever rowed in a loud/vocal way like that. Obviously after 15 years we've had the odd misalignment of views/opinions. Or maybe I just nipped out for an hour, then staggered home and pissed in the wardrobe at 3 am, which may have lost me a few Brownie points, but nothing major.

However, back in the 90's, I went out with a daft bint on/off for 3 years ish, when she went to Uni in London, she asked what was going to happen to 'us'. I replied straight up. 'You will meet new friends and, in your opinion, 'cool groovy people' and we will drift apart' . . That wasn't the right answer apparently. . . Although it is exactly what happened in reality. Thankfully!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The weird thing is...

I have had a dream where she was having an affair, and it does unsettle you when you wake up. However, I made a point of telling her about how weird a dream can make you feel.

"It can. But I'm not having an affair...", she said.

"Yeah, I know. But it still feels weird. It does put you out of kilter."

"Yes, of course, but... OHHH!. COME HERE, YOU..."

Stop thinking about what happened next if you want to keep your lunch down.

She is having an affair!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Any row with a woman is pointless. I've tried accepting blame, agreeing with her and FFS retaliating(once and once only)
They say the mans job is to provide, it is. Provide a buffer when they need to vent.
35 years married and counting.
I've had the dream affair as well. It's not her being insecure, it's her thinking I'm irresistible:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here