Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And his sat nav is right 99% of the time :lolol:

Ha ha. Have you ever tried driving through Rouen? Turn left said the sat nav. We stop at the lights observing a sign saying No Left Turn (or the French diagram for it)

We went to a wedding reception recently, and it took us to a locked gate, which said 'No entrance to the hotel here'.

Both times, I got us out of the mess the machine got us into.

His sat nav is also useless when there is an accident or traffic jam. It refuses to believe that we've left the original route and doesn't recalculate the journey. I turned it off and on again but in the meantime, I pointed out a different way to go which was successful because I'd checked out where we were going before we set off.

We never have silent treatment on either side. We both blow up like volcanoes but end up laughing within half an hour.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Every car journey, she's a lane hopper and a maniac driver

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Ha ha. Have you ever tried driving through Rouen? Turn left said the sat nav. We stop at the lights observing a sign saying No Left Turn (or the French diagram for it)

We went to a wedding reception recently, and it took us to a locked gate, which said 'No entrance to the hotel here'.

His sat nav is also useless when there is an accident or traffic jam. It refuses to believe that we've left the original route and doesn't recalculate the journey. I turned it off and on again but in the meantime, I pointed out a different way to go which was successful because I'd checked out where we were going before we set off.

We never have silent treatment on either side. We both blow up like volcanoes but end up laughing within half an hour.

Fair point TB

*cough I’d buy a newer sat nav cough *

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Agree with this. Sat navs though useful don’t have any common sense or the human sense of direction.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
How little money I said would give to her family if we won £1m on the lottery!!

Caused enough fuss without the money would be divorce inducing if it ever had to be played out in real life!!!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Well mine started when she said that when I touched her it made her skin crawl and she felt sick. I told her that she repulsed me and that I despised her every being.

My brother put it in perspective when he said , “ At least you are still talking “

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Part of my training was walking on Dartmoor. I am not like every woman you've ever driven with.

Our bridesmaid walks for miles and spends hours (like me) looking at OS maps, can read the countryside from them whilst still at home, and never gets lost. She can near enough carry a (walking) route map entirely in her head. But I will never let her navigate on a car journey again after the one occasion she tried to direct us on holiday in Canada. Almost caused a tremendous row between the three of us in the car that would have completely ruined the holiday - but luckily averted by a smart piece of diplomacy by my wife.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
sorry mate but more fool you for standing for it .

Come on then, Mr relationship guru. Enlighten us over the correct course of action, when your other half is grumpy over something that you haven’t actually done?

Try to make a big joke out of the stupidity of it? Tried that. Not helpful.

Tell her straight, to stop being stupid? That would go well. Angry women love being told they’re stupid.

Apologise? For something you haven’t done? Nah.

I’m all ears.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Our bridesmaid walks for miles and spends hours (like me) looking at OS maps, can read the countryside from them whilst still at home, and never gets lost. She can near enough carry a (walking) route map entirely in her head. But I will never let her navigate on a car journey again after the one occasion she tried to direct us on holiday in Canada. Almost caused a tremendous row between the three of us in the car that would have completely ruined the holiday - but luckily averted by a smart piece of diplomacy by my wife.

She threw her out of a moving car?!!!

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
We never row,Mrs.Wunt be druv just spends hours explaining why she is right and I am wrong and if by chance she has "miscalculated' it is my fault for not spotting it and telling her,TBH I just want a quiet life and can't be arsed to argue...

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
The last bit I get.

And I do get that sometimes dreams can be quite overpowering (red wine is often the trigger), but I'm grateful I've never suffered from that type of episode where it crashes into reality. At least, I assume I haven't... :ohmy:

I think the "dream row" usually stems not from what happened in the dream itself but from the reaction of the dream offender once being told about the dream. I think most women after waking up from one of these are after sympathy and reassurance from their men that "it was just a dream". However if the manner in which they seek this reassurance has any kind of accusatory tone the response of most men (myself included) is incredulous laughter.

Which then really sets them off.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here