Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
We once had a huge row because I had got the wrong Sunday newspaper from the newsagent.

The problem was that I got the one that I always get but she had fancied a change - unfortunately she had not mentioned this to me but was properly furious that I hadn't realised that she would like something different.

You monster

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Just this morning we had a tetchy moment about whether there was a need to buy a new SAUCEPAN*

*John Lewis Vouchers burning a hole in someones pocket... :lolol:

Return of Mrs Jakarta from Chichester with Make-up & Stuff but NO Saucepan. There may be trouble ahead...

Lush

Mods' Pet
We once had a huge row because I had got the wrong Sunday newspaper from the newsagent.

The problem was that I got the one that I always get but she had fancied a change - unfortunately she had not mentioned this to me but was properly furious that I hadn't realised that she would like something different.

Classic reason for an argument. Being angry at yourself (for forgetting to mention the Sunday paper) but needing to take it out on something/someone else...

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
10th May 2013 while away on a romantic break to celebrate my wife's birthday (10th May) in Portugal, I went to the pub to watch........

Pointless, I was always going to watch the match.....

She still brings it up now, and loves telling our girlfriends in front of me, what an awful thing I did.

I wouldn't mind, I went straight back to the hotel with wine, I offered to meet her and go for meal after the game etc, etc.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I once received the cold shoulder for TWO DAYS, over something 'I' did in a DREAM that she'd had.

I shit you not.

I feel this one. Two days seems to be the tariff for this 'transgression'.

Sounds like my wife. She has been tearful in the morning on account of something I "did".

You're not alone, I too was sent to Coventry for chatting up a friend she knew at Uni ten years before who I'd never met but got on well with in a dream.

Oh, I think that's quite common. I once got a good hard punch in the night. When I asked why Mrs W said that she'd just dreamt I was having an affair with her mate Sarah. 'Who the fvck is Sarah ?' was my reply. 'Oh, a friend from years ago, before I met you. Haven't spoken to her for years'. :facepalm:

Women eh, can't live etc etc

Wow. Like, just... WOW!

And you lot carry on as if this shit is normal?

Bloody hell.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Classic reason for an argument. Being angry at yourself (for forgetting to mention the Sunday paper) but needing to take it out on something/someone else...

This really typified life with my ex. She absolutely, categorically, unequivicably has to have someone to blame for everything that occurs. She is someone who cannot accept that sh*t happens or that sometimes it can be an accident or, of course, that she might be to blame. Generally blame will be targeted at whoever is nearest, which, more often than not was me. So I inserted the "ex" into her title and although she contines to blame me for everything that happens to her, I'm not there to get the ear ache!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm with Mrs J .. who the hell wants to go shopping for SAUCEPANS!!!!!??????

Read my original post - I talked her out of it!

Having to pay this afternoon, apparently there are plants Monty Don has ruled must be split and relocated.

Of course he won't be coming around to Jakarta Towers and doing it.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
she once blanked me for a night because i told her Kevin Mcleod and Colin Firth were actually gay and had shared a penthouse in Notting Hill for years ......

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Strangely me and my husband do not argue maybe twice in 20 years of marriage. Once was just after we had our daughter, I was beyond tired so it was not his fault. So I think we are unusual or there is actually something very wrong. I am sure I annoy him as he annoys me sometimes. The worst is his middle age man moaning, on and on about stuff that really is not an issue, to the point when I have heard enough and say "Have you listened to yourself, FFS shut up" Don't get me wrong I really want him to talk to me about any real worry or concerns he has, but if the visitor next door has parked an inch over our drive or a sock has been left on the floor by my daughter... on and on and on. I am not interested.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Ah yes, I recall going to see the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre a few years back with an ex. The start of the film is some fake police, found footage type thing. She leans into me and asks "Is this a true story"? I looked really seriously at her and said "Yes" then put my finger up to my mouth. After leaving the odeon all the way up to the 7 dials she was fretting and worrying and saying stuff like "She'd still be alive today, my God, that poor poor woman", "I must look her up, Oh God, how could you ever live a normal life"etc.

After our second drink in the Tin Drum i put her out of her misery, mainly cos I was sick of listening to it now. She burst into tears, punched me in the face and ran to the toilet where a member of staff had to calm her down. I didn't have to speak to her for almost a week.

Got the same reaction for putting a lifesize cardboard cut out of Bruce Willis in the bed after we watched Paranormal Activity and her nerves were a jangling. Screamed loud enough that the neighbour came down. Oops.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Only last week she had a dream that I left her. She was still saying I can’t belive you left me 2 days later...

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah yes, I recall going to see the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre a few years back with an ex. The start of the film is some fake police, found footage type thing. She leans into me and asks "Is this a true story"? I looked really seriously at her and said "Yes" then put my finger up to my mouth. After leaving the odeon all the way up to the 7 dials she was fretting and worrying and saying stuff like "She'd still be alive today, my God, that poor poor woman", "I must look her up, Oh God, how could you ever live a normal life"etc.

After our second drink in the Tin Drum i put her out of her misery, mainly cos I was sick of listening to it now. She burst into tears, punched me in the face and ran to the toilet where a member of staff had to calm her down. I didn't have to speak to her for almost a week.

Got the same reaction for putting a lifesize cardboard cut out of Bruce Willis in the bed after we watched Paranormal Activity and her nerves were a jangling. Screamed loud enough that the neighbour came down. Oops.

:lolol:....:lolol:......:lolol:.....:glare:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wow. Like, just... WOW!

And you lot carry on as if this shit is normal?

Bloody hell.

But, as you have seen from the replies, it IS normal.

Woman are an emotional, eccentric breed, that's all.

Two days, in truth, is probably not actually the punishment for the imagined transgression. The two day grump, is more often the punishment for laughing at the original minor sulk (for the imagined transgression).

If you want all the good stuff, you learn to deal with / shrug off, the occasional quirk and foible.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
First time we went to Los Angeles, wife said she wanted to drive when we got there. Fine by me, I said and had a few beers on the flight over.

Drove out of LAX and she kept taking wrong turns. She was getting a bit frustrated and I (helpfully, I thought) pointed out that the road name above the street is the road you are crossing, not the one you are on.

That's ******** stupid. Only a man would think of that. You can drive.

I can't, you said you wanted to so I had a few beers on the flight.

Typical man. Never prepared for what might happen.

Not my fault if you can't understand the US street naming.

Forty minutes silence until we got to the hotel

Only row in 23 years. Avoided on future U.S trips by both drinking on the flight, checking into airport hotel and picking up car the following morning.

And her deciding that, on balance, she didn't want to drive abroad again. Ever.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
But, as you have seen from the replies, it IS normal.

Woman are an emotional, eccentric breed, that's all.

Two days, in truth, is probably not actually the punishment for the imagined transgression. The two day grump, is more often the punishment for laughing at the original minor sulk (for the imagined transgression).

If you want all the good stuff, you learn to deal with / shrug off, the occasional quirk and foible.

The last bit I get.

And I do get that sometimes dreams can be quite overpowering (red wine is often the trigger), but I'm grateful I've never suffered from that type of episode where it crashes into reality. At least, I assume I haven't... :ohmy:

scouse23

Jan 30, 2008
Flew to Los Angeles with the ex, was a nightmare flight with lots of delays at the transit airport, picked up the car eventually some 18 hours of travelling in total, wife was reading the map to get us from the airport to the hotel, she managed to get us completely lost in downtown LA after mid-night ( anyone who has driven around there will know you take your life in your hands at the best of times ), ensuing row resulted in her tearing up the Alamo map into minute pieces and throwing it into my lap with ' YOU FIND THE ******* HOTEL THEN ', all i can remember is frantically trying to put the little bits of the only map back together, and being parked in a garage and was slowly surrounded by gangs of Cripps with dogs peering through the car window, i had this image of being shot to bits in a second for my new Nike trainers, suffice to say i wheel spinned down the road, turned a couple of corners and found the hotel bang in front of us, happy days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here