Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The other day, in the kitchen whilst cooking dinner, my wife started doing this bizarre straight-legged kick at me. I was laughing thinking she was doing a funny kick on purpose as her knees literally didn't bend.

She got more and more agitated and told me to stop laughing and making her feel stupid. Apparently it was her doing a 'roundhouse kick'. I actually was on the floor dying with laughter at how rubbish it was, which made it worse, which made me laugh more, which made it worse.

Cue the next few mins:

"So you're ACTUALLY annoyed"
"Yes"
"Because I laughed at your roundhouse kick"
"Yes, you made me feel stupid"
"Yes. Because you looked stupid"
"I was trying really hard".

:lolol:

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Over whether "The Sword In The Stone" and "Robin Hood" are in the "Classic" category of Disney Films.

It's still on going now about 9 years later.

And they do BTW.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Over whether "The Sword In The Stone" and "Robin Hood" are in the "Classic" category of Disney Films.

It's still on going now about 9 years later.

And they do BTW.

Robin Hood yes, not so sure about Sword in the Stone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Our worst arguments are in the car. I can read a map & navigate, but he loves his sat nav. I am usually right 95% of the time.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I once received the cold shoulder for TWO DAYS, over something 'I' did in a DREAM that she'd had.

I shit you not.

Oh, I think that's quite common. I once got a good hard punch in the night. When I asked why Mrs W said that she'd just dreamt I was having an affair with her mate Sarah. 'Who the fvck is Sarah ?' was my reply. 'Oh, a friend from years ago, before I met you. Haven't spoken to her for years'. :facepalm:

Women eh, can't live etc etc

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Our worst arguments are in the car. I can read a map & navigate, but he loves his sat nav. I am usually right 95% of the time.

Sorry but every woman I've ever driven with can't read a road map for toffee ...... I'm sure you're great at seaway navigation though given your career :wink:

Jimmehh

Mar 21, 2016
Sussex by the Sea
Mine (with a now ex) was because one of us said that Leeds was a sh*thole, and the other (i can't remember who was saying what side now) disagreed and that every place in the country has some nice and some not so nice areas...

We broke up that evening... so yeah, pretty extreme :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I once had an argument over an exe's mates boyfriend who fancied himself as a bit of a close up magician. I think I laughed at a shockingly bad video he had made for youtube, it was awful. She went turbo, saying I didn't support her friends etc. I don't remeber much about the row except me giving her the finger and saying "Now that's magic" as I stormed off to the nuclear.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I once had an argument over an exe's mates boyfriend who fancied himself as a bit of a close up magician. I think I laughed at a shockingly bad video he had made for youtube, it was awful. She went turbo, saying I didn't support her friends etc. I don't remeber much about the row except me giving her the finger and saying "Now that's magic" as I stormed off to the nuclear.

I like this. Not a lot, but I like it.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Robin Hood yes, not so sure about Sword in the Stone.

Don't you start:angry::D

Sword in the stone is one of the old original ones before Robin Hood.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry but every woman I've ever driven with can't read a road map for toffee ...... I'm sure you're great at seaway navigation though given your career :wink:

Part of my training was walking on Dartmoor. I am not like every woman you've ever driven with.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Bout 20 years ago me and a mate came to blows over which seaside town was the better out of Blackpool and Brighton.
Obviously I was correct.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
In 36 years of marriage, we have never argued!

Never see the point!

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

After a fairly boozy afternoon wedding (not ours!) we ended up back at our house, and I volunteered that I would heat up the left-over shepherds pie from the night before.. the temperature of the said food was called into question - with a less than subtle hint that it should be cooked longer. I replied "Mine's OK" ...

The rest is history - food thrown on the floor, plate shattered, accusations thrown and the , for us, immortal words "....and you serve me up this s**t" shouted... we still giggle about this now, over 20 years later.. Fiery Irish woman I married..

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
We once had a huge row because I had got the wrong Sunday newspaper from the newsagent.

The problem was that I got the one that I always get but she had fancied a change - unfortunately she had not mentioned this to me but was properly furious that I hadn't realised that she would like something different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here