Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is then most pointless row you've ever had with your other half?

swd40

Mar 22, 2006
Had a good one today. Apparently I was pushing the trolly the "wrong" way around the supermarket.

Who knew!!!?

:shrug:

Had a massive barney, as apparently the trolley I got (large) was not the one she wanted (small).

First day of holiday, in Spain buying 24 litres of water, plus food for the week.

Yup the small one would of been the right choice. :shootself

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ive been with the same lady for a long time and im sure [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] will confirm i punching so far above my weight its beyond a joke :thumbsup:

Now there’s an understatement!

Lush

Mods' Pet
My partner had recently bought some fancy champagne glasses she found for cheap in a sale, and having used two of them left them by the sink to be washed up. A bit later I went to get something out of a kitchen cupboard (which was rather badly packed, not by me I hasten to add). As I opened the cupboard door, a potato fell out onto the glasses and smashed them. She didn't talk to me for a good few hours afterwards, despite not being able to tell me what I had done wrong and what I should have done differently to prevent it.

To this today, while she admits that she overreacted and finds it funny now, she still refers to it as the time I broke her nice champagne glasses

...which, if they're the tall slender flute-y type, should always be washed and put away straightaway and never left by the sink IMO #accidentwaitingtohappen

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Had a massive barney, as apparently the trolley I got (large) was not the one she wanted (small).

First day of holiday, in Spain buying 24 litres of water, plus food for the week.

Yup the small one would of been the right choice. :shootself
is that bredbury hall still going :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
So, Mrs P is at work today, and I just happened to notice she clicked "interested" on facebook about the Eddie Izzard gig in September. So, with the gig being 4 days before her birthday, and me being a nice, thoughtful kinda guy, I bought a couple of tickets, and sent her a text saying you can change "interested" to "going"

She's just phoned me having a right pop, as she has also bought tickets this morning as a Christmas present for me. Naturally, this is entirely my fault, and I am now in the dog-house :facepalm:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
So, Mrs P is at work today, and I just happened to notice she clicked "interested" on facebook about the Eddie Izzard gig in September. So, with the gig being 4 days before her birthday, and me being a nice, thoughtful kinda guy, I bought a couple of tickets, and sent her a text saying you can change "interested" to "going"

She's just phoned me having a right pop, as she has also bought tickets this morning as a Christmas present for me. Naturally, this is entirely my fault, and I am now in the dog-house :facepalm:

Oh yeah that I bought tickets for you, classic passive aggressive response when the real answer should have been "I bought tickets for me and one other"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My wife did not talk to me for a whole week once when we were all running late, rushing around and the wife shouted upstairs to the daughter aged 4 at the time brush your teeth....

We jump in the car several minutes later and drop her at the station before heading to drop off the little one, the wife turns to the little one and tells her she loves her and have a nice day, oh and did you brush your teeth....

Daughter replies "Daddy said there is no need as they are baby teeth and will fall out anyway, so what's the point"

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
What on earth are you on about? :shrug:

She is telling you she bought them for you, but in actual fact they are for her, and your just getting one because your together, it sounds like she is more of a fan that you because you bought them for her.

Sorry I am not explaining myself well, no malice meant

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada

That’ll teach you. Just don’t get her anything next year. Problem solved.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
That’ll teach you. Just don’t get her anything next year. Problem solved.

Far from it. We agreed not to get each other anything last year as we were going away, and that was our present to each other. However, she did buy me something - so I was left feeling awful that I hadn't got her anything.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

That will teach you to stalk people on facebook

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here