Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What's the points target by the time we play Chelsea on Dec 16?

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
European plaice

It was exactly this type of crab that made so
many vote leave. What’s wrong with good old British plaice? [emoji35]

With regards to points I reckon we’ll end up on 19. Draw v Wolves/Cardiff beat Palace/Everton. Roll over and have our bellies tickled by Burnley, Leicester and Huddersfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Think we’ll be floundering, getting about 11, with a ray of hope that it’ll be enough at that stage.

So long as we can be on a perch above relegation?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wolves (h) - 1
Everton (a) - 1
Cardiff (a) - 3
Leicester (h) - 1
Huddersfield (a) - 3
Palace (h) - 1
Burnley (a) - 1

11 for me too, although different combination. 22 Points by then would be delightful!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The TARGET is 32 points, you'd hope.

I'd say nowhere near 40 the way the season has panned out ... so far! My feeling is we need to get 34 points max, so are already 32.4% of the way there with only 23.7% of games played ... happy days!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wolves (h) - 1
Everton (a) - 1
Cardiff (a) - 3
Leicester (h) - 1
Huddersfield (a) - 3
Palace (h) - 1
Burnley (a) - 1

11 for me too, although different combination. 22 Points by then would be delightful!

As lovely as that would be, an unbeaten run of NINE matches is the stuff of fantasy in this league, for all but the very top sides.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd say nowhere near 40 the way the season has panned out ... so far! My feeling is we need to get 34 points max, so are already 32.4% of the way there with only 23.7% of games played ... happy days!

No - I meant that the target after the period the OP stated. (11 points now, plus a maximum of 21 from the next 7)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
As lovely as that would be, an unbeaten run of NINE matches is the stuff of fantasy in this league, for all but the very top sides.

Yes, spotted that just after posting, tis' a tad ambitious!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
6 more points this half of the season is the minimum needed to give us a fighting chance of staying up.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Point proven.

Achievable for the likes of City, Chelsea, Liverpool or the mighty Palace.

Not for the likes of us.

Yep. Our longest last season were 2 x 5 games unbeaten in Oct/Nov, and again in Feb/Mar.
If we win on Saturday - its our first ever run of 3 winning games in Prem.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
So 11 points from 9 games, and after some very tough early fixtures, some that on paper at least look better in next 7 weeks.

In terms of opportunity, surely a real chance to get a slug of points on the board that could make a huge difference to the final table. Obviously it doesn't always work out as we saw towards end of last season, needing those big results against Arsenal, Spurs and Man Utd.

Next 7 fixtures: Wolves (h), Everton (a), Cardiff (a), Leicester (h), Huddersfield (a), Palace (h), Burnley (a).

I think 11 points from those 7 giving 22 from 16 would be decent, could even end up better.

Worth also reflecting that after these first 16 games, we'd have played nine away, and only seven at home. If we get to 20, we'll be in an extremely strong position with 12 further home games.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As a couple of others have said, the opposition is also important. Even though 11 would be great, if it was 9 points with three wins v Huddersfield, Cardiff and Palace, I'd certainly take that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here