Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Brighton fans "haven't got a clue" according to Newcastle fanzine

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/10/as...rotests-against-mike-ashley-newcastle-united/

Apologies if fixtures - it appears that a few Newcastle fans have been combing NSC in a bid to produce this half-arsed (and inadvertently amusing) piece of journalism, published on one of their online fanzines. I've got a lot of sympathy for any Toon supporter who has lived through the tenure of Mike "cockney :wanker:" Ashley, but a sizeable minority of them really do come across as entitled tossers

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Facetious post deleted in the light of comments below

#Toonmysecondfavouriteside

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/10/as...rotests-against-mike-ashley-newcastle-united/

Apologies if fixtures - it appears that a few Newcastle fans have been combing NSC in a bid to produce this half-arsed (and inadvertently amusing) piece of journalism, published on one of their online fanzines. I've got a lot of sympathy for any Toon supporter who has lived through the tenure of Mike "cockney :wanker:" Ashley, but a sizeable minority of them really do come across as entitled tossers

Read most of the Newcastle fan comments underneath and they seem to agree with most of ours. Not sure even a minority come across as entitled tossers to be honest - you've kind of done the same thing as the author of the article.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Read the comments section. They appear to be defending our remarks.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Robbersdog would seem to be the most astute Geordie.

robbersdog • 2 days ago
None of them will ever say ‘i wish Ashley was still here’ but it’ll be written all over their fat, blotchy, Gregg’s smeared faces.

Obviously the biggest tw@t in Brighton.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The Mag is famed for spouting absolute nonsense that gets shouted down by the fans no? Seems to be held in the same regard by their fans as one of our own ‘fanzines’.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Albion fans rightly back fans of other clubs when their clubs are in trouble, not just doing slightly worse that expected. (Some) Newcastle fans are deluded.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Read the comments section. They appear to be defending our remarks.

Fair dos - should have probably taken them into consideration before posting the thread:thumbsup:

theboybilly

Newcastle fans that I've met both up there and when they visit us have been almost universally friendly and down-to-earth. They are a big club that just can't get it together. Personally I would like them to succeed (not at our expense obviously) as there are clubs with far more 'entitled' fans than the Geordies. I always enjoy SJP visits whatever the result. I just wish we could be seated more pitchside.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Yay, my post got quoted...I have long believed that my football comments were worth hearing far and wide and now other supporters are visiting NSC to hear of my opinions

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
That's all I've heard on TalkPork this evening, on way home from work.
All these Tooooooooooooon fans going on about how Ashley is dragging their club and the town down.
How they shouldn't be bottom of the league, because they're Newcastle.

Here's an idea, no club has the given right to be in the PL, you have to earn it.
Stop grumbling and fight for your team you bunch of miserable sods :laugh:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Albion fans rightly back fans of other clubs when their clubs are in trouble, not just doing slightly worse that expected. (Some) Newcastle fans are deluded.

Wrexham
Doncaster
Mansfield
Charlton
Plymouth
Blackpool

Spring to mind in the last decade or so.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Read most of the Newcastle fan comments underneath and they seem to agree with most of ours. Not sure even a minority come across as entitled tossers to be honest - you've kind of done the same thing as the author of the article.

Perhaps - speaking for myself, I couldn't shake off the impression that a handful ( not most of the fanbase, and certainly not all) of Newcastle's fans felt that they had a divine right to be in the Prem during our promotion season, and this article reinforced my opinions - on the flipside, in hindsight, it was a tad hypocritical of me to castigate a "sizeable minority" for the actions of a few; after all, every fanbase has its tw*ts:D

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
All a bit tinpot on both sides if you ask me.

I completely understand why Newcastle fans would be protesting, he's relatively a terrible owner, but it's not like they are at the bottom of League Two and about to go out of business. They just won't finish 10th in the Premier League again, and might even go down (far from certain even that will happen). If that's a 'disaster', they have been spoiled. Life as a football fan can get much worse, as we know. I'd put Charlton way ahead of them at the moment, for example.

Just citing huge chunks from other club's message boards is idiotic, of course they aren't going to treat it with the same seriousness, it's not their club. Ideally a few more BHA fans would be sympathetic but it doesn't work like that. I have got annoyed in the past with NSC posters slagging off Pompey fans saying their demise is all their own fault and slaughtering them for being happy when things were good, as if they could possibly have exercised any real influence over dodgy owners.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Mag is famed for spouting absolute nonsense that gets shouted down by the fans no? Seems to be held in the same regard by their fans as one of our own ‘fanzines’.

Some rag called The Mag is 'famed'? Really don't think so. Our fanzine is NSC. 1-0 to the Albion. Again.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not a problem with the Newcastle fans - they seem to think that reporter Jim Robertson, the author of that article, has made a bit of a tit of himself with that article, a view they seem to share with NSC.
I've no intention of signing up and giving them all my details to be allowed to comment on there, but if I did I would point out to him that if Ashley sells SJP to a consortium of his mates who sell it on at enormous profit to a developer so that when next season starts the site is cleared and they are busy erecting a nice new shiny shopping mall where the pitch used to be......then he'd understand what being shafted by the owner is really like.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not a problem with the Newcastle fans - they seem to think that reporter Jim Robertson, the author of that article, has made a bit of a tit of himself with that article, a view they seem to share with NSC.
I've no intention of signing up and giving them all my details to be allowed to comment on there, but if I did I would point out to him that if Ashley sells SJP to a consortium of his mates who sell it on at enormous profit to a developer so that when next season starts the site is cleared and they are busy erecting a nice new shiny shopping mall where the pitch used to be......then he'd understand what being shafted by the owner is really like.

Really surprised how much the local paper concentrated on Brighton in the build-up as well. Bruno's comments were nothing more than any team might say in the build-up to such a match.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here