• No - I never do

Votes: 20 10.7%
  • No - I used to but it's not fashionable anymore

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No - other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

el punal

I am probably going to be on my own here but I think a Seagulls badge besides a poppy devalues the meaning of the poppy.

I suppose you could say that. On the other hand it shows that the club are prominent in their support for honouring those fallen. Also, I believe, that several Albion players were among thousands who perished in the First World War so there is a commemorative link there.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My 96 year old mum is outside Cronins Cafe in Portslade Old Village. Not sure what days she is there though. Will find out.

View attachment 101521

Edit: Ok, apparently, its a bit random. Its when she feels up to it, but sure she will be there 11/11 after any ceremony going on in Brighton.

Brilliant!!! Knowing 'J' personally as I do it's fantastic to see she is still going strong. :) I hadn't seen her since I moved back in 2014. I used to love hearing her stories in the cafe in St J House!

Re: Portslade has she moved away from 'H' street Dave?

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
I suppose you could say that. On the other hand it shows that the club are prominent in their support for honouring those fallen. Also, I believe, that several Albion players were among thousands who perished in the First World War so there is a commemorative link there.

Yes I can see your side of my comment.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
I wear a poppy armband all year and a pin badge, I still remember dancing with my Nan while she cried her heart out to 'were meet again'
they were dark days and we all owe those who gave their lives for others .
However its personal to each person , and like my kids and grandkids it means little , and to someone like me who was born mid 60s when it was still fresh it means more , and so I also support Help for Heroes

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Amex war memorial.jpg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I share be wearing this from Saturday

View attachment 101515

Putting the date on them is a bit annoying.

I have a 2017 one, and really, what is the point in replacing it? I'd rather put last year's badge back on my coat, and pop a fiver in a collecting tin, than spend £3 of that buying an unnecessary second badge :shrug:

Of course if I do that, despite the Appeal being better off, I'd look really TIGHT!

It's DAFT.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Putting the date on them is a bit annoying.

I have a 2017 one, and really, what is the point in replacing it? I'd rather put last year's badge back on my coat, and pop a fiver in a collecting tin, than spend £3 of that buying an unnecessary second badge :shrug:

Of course if I do that, despite the Appeal being better off, I'd look really TIGHT!

It's DAFT.

That's one view, another is that without a date people just keep wearing it each year and don't donate any future money

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
Brilliant!!! Knowing 'J' personally as I do it's fantastic to see she is still going strong. :) I hadn't seen her since I moved back in 2014. I used to love hearing her stories in the cafe in St J

Re: Portslade has she moved away from 'H' street Dave?

Yeah she is up by my sister now in the old village in the Rotary place. She hates it. Misses her old place and friends she had there
Celebrated her 96th last week

Last edited:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I shall be buying one in November. I haven't seen any yet.

Incidentally, I'll be in the US from 6th-13th November. I don't think they really wear poppies there.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Put mine on last week

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Too early for a paper poppy pinned to my jacket yet, but I did break out my new poppy cufflinks only today.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Btw, anyone who goes for option 4 needs to have a good hard look at themselves, give their head a little wobble, and snap out of it. The poppy is not about fashion.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here