Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No - other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I've bought one of these Albion ones from the poppy shop online. Got my old man one too. Great innovation by them.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I've bought one of these Albion ones from the poppy shop online. Got my old man one too. Great innovation by them.

The Poppy Appeal seems to have got as commercial as the Albion in recent years. What happened to the basic poppy that everyone used to wear with pride.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife bought one for our Jack Russel and pinned it on her collar.
Seeing as the dog is a rescue from the Republic of Ireland I told her that she would probably be anti British.
She immediately took it off her.
I do love her though.....................the dog that is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Working in Dover tomorrow, will call in to the Kent Battle of Britain Museum at Hawkinge for an hour or so when I can get away from Site and yes I will be wearing my Poppy. Might have a walk in Hawkinge Cemetery if I have time, quite a lot of RAF Airmen buried there.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Working in Dover tomorrow, will call in to the Kent Battle of Britain Museum at Hawkinge for an hour or so when I can get away from Site and yes I will be wearing my Poppy. Might have a walk in Hawkinge Cemetery if I have time, quite a lot of RAF Airmen buried there.

You could always go to Chailey as there is a memorial dedicated to the Polish RAF pIlots who lost there lives. Not forgetting an.unclassified airfield there.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
image.jpg
I lost a friend on the Sir Galahad from Hassocks

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My wife bought one for our Jack Russel and pinned it on her collar.
Seeing as the dog is a rescue from the Republic of Ireland I told her that she would probably be anti British.
She immediately took it off her.
I do love her though.....................the dog that is.

So you and your poppy and your puppy's poppy are in the dog kennel?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Too early. I usually start wearing one during the week leading up to Remembrance Sunday, so some time after Monday 5th this year.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
I wore a poppy yesterday when visiting the grave of my Great Uncle who died exactly 101 years ago yesterday as a result of artillery shelling by the Germans in WW1. He was just 18. He was buried in Zuydcoote which is just outside Dunkirk. Lots of the inscriptions on the grave stones talk about an end to killing and pain, yet only 23 years later, war returned to the area as the British evacuated from the beach less than half a mile from the cemetery.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here