• No - I used to but it's not fashionable anymore

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No - other

Votes: 9 4.8%

• Total voters

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
3E5F5434-A950-405F-B6E3-A7D2B613409C.jpeg

Hopefully, we’ll see plenty of people wearing the Rainbow Poppy with Pride in remembrance of all the treatment of LGBTQ folk during the wars.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
View attachment 101540

Hopefully, we’ll see plenty of people wearing the Rainbow Poppy with Pride in remembrance of all the treatment of LGBTQ folk during the wars.
Not a chance.

As far as I was always taught, the red poppy represents everyone who lost their lives, regardless of nationality, sexuality, ethnicity et al.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Poppy worn from week leading to remembrance Sunday, not before.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not a chance.

As far as I was always taught, the red poppy represents everyone who lost their lives, regardless of nationality, sexuality, ethnicity et al.

*whisper* I think he might have been JOKING [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION] !

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I haven't yet seen the poppy police around here yet.
When I do, I'll give them my deepest regards.

FWIW I've been wearing mine since the beginning of October, why nt?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Don't really see what the fuss it there. It's cone covered in poppies and it's height will make it stand out. Think some people like to moan for the sake of the attention. Would it be more acceptable if it was a 10ft high single poppy or if it had been a cube that had been covered in poppies?

Bit like the white poppy. I have no problem if people chose to wear it as it also remembers the war dead, as long as a donation is made to the Royal British Legion (though I'm not convinced many do!)

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Usually buy one Poppy, in November for £1 or so, but occasionally I don't, but not for any particular reason.
This will now change.
My dad has Parkinson's and my mum who is in very poor health herself is his carer, they get a certain amount of help from social services but I am in the throes of finding as much help for them as I can.
I contacted The Royal British Legion as my dad was in the Navy for 12 years and I was on the phone to the most delightful lady for about an hour.
The things they are able to do for him/ them is unbelievable, I won't list them all but it includes up to 2 weeks free holiday in a special hotel run by The Legion.
All help includes armed forces personnel and spouses right up to the current time.
I am sad that it took this to realise what a very worthy cause they are, wish I had known a long time ago so I could have done more, maybe the 90 year old in his wheelchair with his medal festooned blazer, tie and bury on a freezing day outsid Morrissons was a bit of a give away.
Anyway, if you have any relations that are ex forces who are in need of help, call the Royal British Legion.
And (hypocritically for me) buy a Poppy and give as much as you can for it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
The more familey tree research we do the more I realise the sacrifices our ancestors made in many wars and battles.
Wear your poppies with pride.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here