Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Ryan Air Racist

astralavi

Apr 6, 2017
I can't technically boycott them either because I've refused to fly with them for years.

I stupidly lost my boarding pass but at the airport hours in advance they charged me the cost of another flight to print it (*)

(*) Excluding costs not advertised up front like hold luggage, paying with a card, airport tax and water.

yes the water...asked for some, said three pounds, so didn't bother. a few minutes later the stewardess taps me on shoulder and said they have some but it not fit for human consumption....thanks!

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
For me it was flying with vomit on the floor from the preseeding flight.

Ryanair. Replacing check-in with chuck-up. Choose between a window view or, for an extra £20, window spew.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have to say, my thoughts exactly. I’ve been ‘boycotting’ them since they existed. Proudly never given them any business nor do I intend to.

Same here. But more probably because I love the convenience of Gatwick. An awful drive to Stansted (many of Ryanair’s routes) at the beginning or end of a holiday - no thanks.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
With the social media coverage, it will be unlikely the 'gent' in question will ever be able to fly again.

Once his identity is confirmed the likes of BA, Virgin, EasyJet and Flybe will put him on their respective blacklists, and when he goes to book any future flights he will have his booking declined, they don't have to give a reason.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
No excuse, but I wonder if the abusive bloke was drunk. No matter the age, many folk become obnoxious the moment they take liquor.

My understanding is that they don't let you on the plane in the first place if you are that drunk.

What I am waiting to hear is that Ryanair sacked the cabin crew who went out of their way to accommodate this vile and obnoxious individual totally ignoring the plight of the elderly, disabled lady who was the subject of the racist abuse. But it's Ryanair; I'm going to be waiting a long time aren't I?!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
My understanding is that they don't let you on the plane in the first place if you are that drunk.

What I am waiting to hear is that Ryanair sacked the cabin crew who went out of their way to accommodate this vile and obnoxious individual totally ignoring the plight of the elderly, disabled lady who was the subject of the racist abuse. But it's Ryanair; I'm going to be waiting a long time aren't I?!

I believe, up to now, the lady hasn't received an apology from Ryanair.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
When it comes to racists, surely you can acknowledge that the vast, vast majority of them would be Leave voters, for obvious reasons. It's also a lot more relevant - and much more easily calculable - than child molesters or rapists, given the racial undercurrent to a lot of the Brexit discussions (Farage's disgraceful Breaking Point poster, etc).

Fair point, I won't say any further about Brexit on this thread unless you call me a nasty name.

I could call you a nasty name for suggesting I might be a racist as I voted out. But I won't as I am reasonable law abiding, easy going, open minded individual.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Couldn’t they have ejected him mid flight thus avoiding any delays?

That's an excellent idea but they would need to given him a warning "Mind the first step, as it's 30,000 ft".

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I don't totally blame the flightcrew for their inaction. Though their total brainlessness looks like a clear dereliction of duty to the outsider, it should be remembered that they work for Michael O'Leary who has instilled a disgusting corporate culture. He just hates everybody who has even the the most passing contact with 'his' airline. He hates the regulators. He hates his staff. He hates his customers. Basically he IS the problem with that airline.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't totally blame the flightcrew for their inaction. Though their total brainlessness looks like a clear dereliction of duty to the outsider, it should be remembered that they work for Michael O'Leary who has instilled a disgusting corporate culture. He just hates everybody who has even the the most passing contact with 'his' airline. He hates the regulators. He hates his staff. He hates his customers. Basically he IS the problem with that airline.

I'd agree with this. Even if they seemed very slow and weak, I'm sure they aren't made to feel empowered in that organisation.

On a different note I have tried very hard not to fly Ryanair since once being basically left hanging in Italy nearly 20 years ago. Unlike say BA there is no scope in the budget or spare planes to react to situations. Fog stopped the flight, no other arrangements made, no alternative flight home, told same flight was booked for next two days, no hotel, nothing. So it was train to Milan and pay for another one home. And then fail to get through to customer services for a week.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
‘Making a meal of it’?
The racist person has insisted she moves from her seat , because she’s black, he calls her an “Ugly black bitch” and a “Black Bastard”
You must have a very suspect opinion on racial matters yourself, if you consider this to be trivial, as you infer.

He did say those things, or I heard black bitch once, we didn't see the start of the ultracasion, nobody just happens to be filming 2 people sitting appart. I dont know, Im not pasing judgement but OP has 14 pages ov virtue signalling so maybe the thread has made a lot of people feel good about themselves.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He did say those things, or I heard black bitch once, we didn't see the start of the ultracasion, nobody just happens to be filming 2 people sitting appart. I dont know, Im not pasing judgement but OP has 14 pages ov virtue signalling so maybe the thread has made a lot of people feel good about themselves.

Sorry, I really don’t understand this post, it makes even less sense than your usual missives.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
He did say those things, or I heard black bitch once, we didn't see the start of the ultracasion, nobody just happens to be filming 2 people sitting appart. I dont know, Im not pasing judgement .

Just a thought but maybe you SHOULD start thinking about passing judgement. As a reminder, here's what the old **** said to the elderly disabled lady in question 'The footage shows a man shouting at Gayle, telling her to move seats, while her daughter tries to stand up to him, telling him her mother is disabled. The man can be heard saying: “I don’t care whether she’s ****ing disabled or not – if I tell her to get out, she gets out.”

He can be heard in the video calling the woman an “ugly black *******”. When Gayle remonstrates with him he shouts at her: “Don’t talk to me in a foreign language, you stupid ugly cow.”

Still not passing judgement? Then you should be ashamed of yourself.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just a thought but maybe you SHOULD start thinking about passing judgement. As a reminder, here's what the old **** said to the elderly disabled lady in question 'The footage shows a man shouting at Gayle, telling her to move seats, while her daughter tries to stand up to him, telling him her mother is disabled. The man can be heard saying: “I don’t care whether she’s ****ing disabled or not – if I tell her to get out, she gets out.”

He can be heard in the video calling the woman an “ugly black *******”. When Gayle remonstrates with him he shouts at her: “Don’t talk to me in a foreign language, you stupid ugly cow.”

Still not passing judgement? Then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Looney is an apologist and a wind up merchant. And apparently a well repsected scout master. What a wonderful world.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here