Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton v Palace

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Brilliant, I celebrated that DCL goal like an Albion one!

Palace are in the relegation battle, make no mistake about it. They don’t have a striker fit for PL football and they’re totally reliant on one man for creativity. They can’t score at home because they can’t break anyone down and their best hope is grinding out low scoring results away where they can soak up pressure and use their reasonably tight defence and defensive midfield unit to good effect. I’m not saying they’re one of the three favourites by any means, but they’re a VERY limited team. Confidence and belief must be an issue now and they’ve got four nightmare games coming up. Plus a clueless old duffer as manager. It’s beautiful to see.

Lovely summary.

As an added bonus, we'll be pretty much Nigel goon-free on here for a while yet methinks

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Post match...... is his lip quivering? A5F22F6E-6DDF-4880-ABC2-FBB865E5B670.jpeg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The last time they averaged 20k outside the top flight was 1979 so yes they’ll be back to 12k again............at Selhurst.:lolol::lolol:

Less than that now Charming has alienated his core support, most of whom may well have been part of that 12k, in favour of a few Spurs fans.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
And money. Much, much, much more money. I’m sure they’ve got loads, I mean, they can’t pay it all out in salaries to their players....can they?

Great point, they need to spunk loads of money to push onwards for a European place this year.

In Hodgson we trust.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Saw this on Everton forum "Wouldn't Zaha anywhere near the club, horrible little worm that he is. It's not even 'ruthless winner' way like a Costa or Ramos that you can respect even if you dislike seeing it, more like a Mirallas in the sense that he's a petulant little girl who whinges and takes no responsibility except when there's glory to be had."

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For the record, it was a pen AND a dive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All doom and gloom from the CP callers to 606 and TS in the last hour. They paired up CP callers, hoping for a lively debate, but instead they all spoke in the melancholic tones of Eeyore, groaning about a lack of player investment and the relegation battle.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Starting to think England's defeat to Iceland two years ago was a blessing. As many goals in 80 minutes at the Benito Villamarin on Monday night as Palace have struck in the league all season - and the Wilfatrons have three goals in eight Prem games since they did Fulham on the opening day. Apart from Leicester, we're the only side they've scored more than twice against in a league game since 2016/17.

The Wilfratrons...great name....what other names do we have for the Nigels?

South London Comedy Collective
The Pigs
Scum

help,please?

TNBA

TTF

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
All doom and gloom from the CP callers to 606 and TS in the last hour. They paired up CP callers, hoping for a lively debate, but instead they all spoke in the melancholic tones of Eeyore, groaning about a lack of player investment and the relegation battle.

Shouldn't give out the number for 606 tonight, better tell them the number for the Samaritans! #CPFC on Twitter is a wonderful read.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Just beautiful..

Arsenal, Spurs,chelsea, United, Burnley, then us..

Let's hope we can bury them this season.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Just beautiful..

Arsenal, Spurs,chelsea, United, Burnley, then us..

Let's hope we can bury them this season.

Of course course, having obtained a single point from games against Saints, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Watford, it would be absolutely typical of them to get something against one or more of the big clubs.

The atmosphere at Selhurst will be far better next week as we know, when the day-trippers turn up for the matches against the top six (don't let them continue to perpetuate the lie that the Amex has any more than their place). The drum might even be back.

What I do like at the moment is that everything Zaha does now has the air of a man who massively regrets staying at Palace over the summer. If you search Twitter, you can even find some of their fans- I know....WHAT?- questioning his attitude.

Still. At least he can just copy and paste his post-match tweets these days.

"lads all disappointed with result we deserved more, #cpfc fans great as usual, we put it right next week #godisgreat #cpfcfamily"

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Of course course, having obtained a single point from games against Saints, Wolves, Everton, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Watford, it would be absolutely typical of them to get something against one or more of the big clubs.

[/I]

yeah that is my fear too. but maybe this is the year when the magic (luck) runs out?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't help feeling their problems would be solved if they made a bid to sign little Joniesta back from- where is he again?- Real Madrid or Barcelona? I always mix them up.

I've not heard about his silky talents for some time now so I assume he's still busy setting La Liga on fire and staking his claim for the Ballon D'Or.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I am ready for the Nigels to go down now, and you know if it does, that is last we'll see of them for at least a decade.

There would be a fire-sale of half decent players and they will be doomed to play at that horrendous old shack forever more. I wonder if their famously stroppy ultras will stick around for Championship football, or whether their numbers will halve in line with the rest of the gate?

As in many previous seasons, they'll find a way to stay up and, annoyingly, they'll finish above us. None of us want them to do either but they will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here