Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone - a plea for him to start vs Wolves

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He's been on the bench for the last few games. And before that he was injured. And in the last few games then Hughton's subs have been dictated a lot by injuries restricting his chance.
As for suggesting Hughton didn't want to sign him. :)

I didn’t say Hughton did not want to sign him but that - as players are scouted by others - he may not have been his first pick. It does happen you know. If he gets in and does well then he’ll play regularly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
I didn’t say Hughton did not want to sign him but that - as players are scouted by others - he may not have been his first pick. It does happen you know. If he gets in and does well then he’ll play regularly.

Yes Except Albion have been tracking Andone for years and have tried to sign him multiple times.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not go with the craving for Andone to start as I would sooner he be on the bench and then get a few minutes to see what he can do rather than throw him in at the deep end without any Premier game time.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I think the key progression for this season has been the obvious greater depth of squad and how the loss of players like Stephens and Gross for prolonged periods has been more than adequately accommodated. Locadia is certainly warming to the task , Bissouma is going to be stellar of that there is no doubt, Izzie improving match on match and in all probability Florin Andone when he hits the deck, will be running.
Such a great place to be. Interesting to see if we attack Wolves or play the cautious game ?

TNBA

TTF

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I agree that Locadia will start but after seeing him yesterday I now have real doubts he is the long term answer. I always defended him thinking that 10/15 minutes was no time to make an impact but yesterday he had an hour plus. Not to be negative about an away win but I didn’t see the positives in his performance other people did. If he does start against Wolves and doesn’t contribute I would like to see andone get the last 30 minutes.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I think the key progression for this season has been the obvious greater depth of squad and how the loss of players like Stephens and Gross for prolonged periods has been more than adequately accommodated. Locadia is certainly warming to the task , Bissouma is going to be stellar of that there is no doubt, Izzie improving match on match and in all probability Florin Andone when he hits the deck, will be running.
Such a great place to be. Interesting to see if we attack Wolves or play the cautious game ?

TNBA

TTF

Its a home game against a mid-table side, we'll certainly be on the attack as we were all last season. So this will be Locadia's chance - at last - to shine - all his starts have been tough games where we haven't seen much of the ball, he'll get a lot more against Wolves, and hopefully his added pace will give us another dimension up front

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Locadia is bang in form though.

A goal incorrectly ruled out for offside and a shot narrowly wide of the target in the last two games is testament to this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I thought Locadia did pretty well yesterday so a dead cert to start. He has to perform at home to Wolves tho.

Shirt is Locadia's to lose now, well for the next couple of games anyway. Including yesterday it's as near enough the run of games that people have been advocating he needs to build up his confidence etc. But at some point soon he really needs to start contributing to the bottom line in terms of goals.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Shirt is Locadia's to lose now, well for the next couple of games anyway. Including yesterday it's as near enough the run of games that people have been advocating he needs to build up his confidence etc. But at some point soon he really needs to start contributing to the bottom line in terms of goals.

Needs a rocket up his arse - slow and immobile- Andone must be better surely???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Needs a rocket up his arse - slow and immobile- Andone must be better surely???

Well he's got about 75 minutes of an entirely winnable home game to stake his claim to the shirt. If he's desperately unlucky then most folks will forgive and forget and even sympathise, and he goes again. But if he jogs around in an unthreatening manner for all that time then, let's put it this way, he's not going to make many converts to his cause.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Is Murray definitely not available for the Wolves game ?

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Thought I read it is 6 days non-playing so he should be ok

Technically you’re right and it will be down to the medical staff & Glenn at the end of the day, but my money is on them taking the precaution of not risking him due to the sickening nature of the collision.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I thought Locadia had a good game against Newcastle and have no problem with him starting next week.

Agreed.....he was isolated for much of the time but did alright I thought. Makes some good runs, held the ball up better than previously.

Would be amazed if Murray starts on Saturday.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here