Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Andone - a plea for him to start vs Wolves

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I think Locadia has shown glimpses of why we signed him. He has moved to a different country with a much more physical league than what he is used to. The more game time he gets the easier he will find it to make an impact, especially if we are not adapting our play to utilise his attributes.

I hope Gross is back to play Wolves as he is so deadly especially at home

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Having watched the game on a stream and many times on MOTD and highlights I must say well done to all connected with the win it was a well fought for win but I cannot for the life of me see how as some have suggested that it was deliberate move by Kayal to flick the ball. I think that thankfully the shot hit his foot and went in which it wouldnt have done without the deflection. This is not knocking Kayal as he did well to be in the position for it to hit him.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Gyokeres was on the bench... for the u23s on Friday.

Interesting, do you know why? They got another comeback result.

they have a competitive squad.

Had been playing for his country in the week and presumably felt fatigued.

He came on for the 2nd half and helped change the game which lead to the Albion winning.

Gyokeres played the full 90 minutes for the Albion U-21s against Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday October 9th.

He then flew to Marbella to join the Swedish U-20 squad. He started and played the full match against Denmark on Saturday October 13th (scoring two goals in a 3-1 win).

He then played the full match against Russia on Monday October 15th (and scored the Swedish goal in a 1-1 draw).

So, he had played three full matches in the space of six days.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Locadia will start and it's his big chance. Has been improving and helps defensively. Can see they are really grooming him to be Murray 2.0 in the future.

If we're a goal behind, I can see Andone coming on alongside him or even Murray and him playing the last 15 if Locadia tires.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Locadia has shown glimpses of why we signed him. He has moved to a different country with a much more physical league than what he is used to. The more game time he gets the easier he will find it to make an impact, especially if we are not adapting our play to utilise his attributes.

I hope Gross is back to play Wolves as he is so deadly especially at home

Glimpses yes, but he has also been dreadful, particularly his first touch, even Saturday whilst he did okay at times, largely he was nowhere near the ball and consequently our defence got little respite.

I feel a little sorry for him, because he must realise this is a big opportunity (if Murray is unavailable), and with that comes more pressure and expectation. Hopefully, he’ll score early on and will kick on from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Locadia will start against Wolves, get a goal and gets applauded off the pitch when we bring Andone on for his debut in the 85th minute.

Duly noted.
It is said with such certainty that I can only assume that you have had some sort of message, an awakening, a divine intervention, a moment. Therefore, I intend to take this extremely seriously, tell all my friends and indulge in a hefty wager. I am moist at the prospect. I am salivating in anticipation. You have whetted my appetite, fired me up and left me trembling with excitement. Bring it on.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Locadia will start and Andone will come on.

Teams like Barcelona have done this for the past few years, and most European teams with an identity now do similar. You buy a player, on a long term contract, and he'll get very few minutes in the first season, be warmed in during the second, and be completely embedded by the third. It is supposed to lessen the effects that have seen clubs similar to ourselves spend big on players, who then have tough first seasons and fade away and are sold off for a loss. Borja Baston at Swansea is a good example of this.

I am happy that we have been easing our new signings in. It has worked so far, and allowed us to retain our identity with a core group of players staying in the team.

N.B. We have been very very lucky that Murray has kept fit and in form, which has let the process take place. Had he broken down last season, we ran the risk of it all going south.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Locadia at Palace at half time, March at half time (can't remember which match, away somewhere).

...…… I was aware it happens rarely, but it's not his normal practice.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Gyokeres played the full 90 minutes for the Albion U-21s against Peterborough in the Checkatrade Trophy on Tuesday October 9th.

He then flew to Marbella to join the Swedish U-20 squad. He started and played the full match against Denmark on Saturday October 13th (scoring two goals in a 3-1 win).

He then played the full match against Russia on Monday October 15th (and scored the Swedish goal in a 1-1 draw).

So, he had played three full matches in the space of six days.
So, having the time of his young life then! So why stop? :wink: :)

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If GM is out then would prefer for Andone to star because his record in a decent division suggests he could be excellent for us. For me , Locadia has been better recently but we are comparing that to treading on balls and hacking players down. Ok so he hasn't done that but he hasn't really shown anything else either.

Andone may not be match sharp and off the pace but I still reckon even operating at a lower level he still could do more than Locadia.

At home v a team we can beat so whoever gets the nod has minimal excuses not to step up.

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Hemed was replaced at wolves at half time after missing the penalty
however I think Locadia has impressive passes in him, izzys goal at palarce was due to a killer pass from him, but against muray he appears static and weak

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
CH will not start a player who hasn't played any minutes in the Premier League. Look how long it took for Izqiuerdo to get a start.

See THPP above.

And Ali J.

With gross back, locadia will have no excuses.

Knockaert—gross—izquierdo
—————-locadia—————

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here