Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Who?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Blimey, the money for players these days never ceases to amaze me. A young kid from Chelsea who has played a few minutes on loan at Wigan is suddenly worth £10m? Not even a striker who has banged in a bundle of goals in that loan spell, no, this is for a full-back.

The game has it's problems, but the industry is just completely nuts.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
****ing good player, though. The only Newcastle player who'd get in our team.

Lol, they absolutely battered us. Not just one player doing that.

Perez and muto are quality who would improve our side away from home (not at home with gross/Murray).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
How much would Shelvey cost?
When his attitude is right he is a top midfielder and would be a good addition.
Surely CH would get the best out of him?

We have a no Dickhead policy at the club, would rule him out !

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Here's my take on Ritchie. He gets the ball and cuts inside, runs across the pitch and looks to shoot, or go backwards. He is the dictionary definition of a one trick pony... this and I dislike the general cut of his jib... His choice of haircut is also annoying.

I'd go as far to say, that I utterly hate Matt Ritchie.

He reminds me of Gordon Ramsay for some reason

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I am not interested in that, more in his ability on a football field that could assist us. Other problems can be sorted out and are these comments worse than a possible kbiller with a drink drive conviction or a conviction for drug abuse?

You may not be - Can't see the current manager sharing your view

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
How much would Shelvey cost?
When his attitude is right he is a top midfielder and would be a good addition.
Surely CH would get the best out of him?

You think ?

I couldn't see him being remotely interested given some of the comments attributed to Shelvey in his not to distant past

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He reminds me of Gordon Ramsay for some reason

Newcastle fans have been slating him this season. Saying he's a decent Championship player and no more. Eddie Howe knew that when he sold him after Bournemouth got promoted.

It's a no from me.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shelvey is quality but also a massive *rick. To me he fits with Grealish and previously the likes of Sterling as more suited to Wet Sham or that smell up the road than us.

I'd take Powell for sure though and have felt that for a few years now. He strikes me as a slow developer but someone who will get to EPL level over time. I'm sure lots of teams have tried to buy him over the years though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Montoya may well be the answer but this other lad is 18, won’t need to be named in the 25 for a couple of seasons yet and is home grown. It could well be we see him as the eventual replacement for Montoya. With Schelotto seeming well out of favour and Bruno not being able to go forever then I’d fully expect the club to be considering adding another right back in the squad sooner rather than later.
I know we've paid money for some of our youngsters, but £10M is ridiculous. We need to spend money to improve, but it's the team we need to improve now, not the squad, nor the U23s.
It'll probably need to be big money on one or two players, but they need to be players who will replace some of our current first team on the basis of being better players than what we currently have (and ready to go straight into the team too, not spending months 'getting up to speed').

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1 would go into the AM role and compete with Gross rather than rely on March and the other a better wide man that what we have at rhe momernt and who can score goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here