Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Longest ever gap between race wins

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
What stupid question have I asked only question was just how much is LH winning by when he was leading

Saying surely with a 12 second lead he could pit and come back out in front. Dumb question if you have watched even a handful of races in you life (or even if you're capable of logical thought).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that the average pit stop was 7 secs perhaps I am wrong. assuming that is wrong what is the average from leaving the track until rejoining taking into account the speed limit leading to the pits.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Verstappen will be challenging for the World title next year if the Honda engine delivers. 18th to 2nd and not many drivers outrace Hamilton wheel to wheel but Max did that today in that exciting attempted overtake by Hamilton

Great race by Kimi but a coming of age for Verstappen imo.

Enjoyed that race, Vettel recovered well too. Bottas is not good enough to be in a top team imo.

D

Deleted member 2719

Verstappen will be challenging for the World title next year if the Honda engine delivers. 18th to 2nd and not many drivers outrace Hamilton wheel to wheel but Max did that today in that exciting attempted overtake by Hamilton

Great race by Kimi but a coming of age for Verstappen imo.

Enjoyed that race, Vettel recovered well too. Bottas is not good enough to be in a top team imo.

Totally agree he out foxed a far more experienced driver who had fresher tyres and a better car.

Verstappen in the right car will liven up f1.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I thought that the average pit stop was 7 secs perhaps I am wrong. assuming that is wrong what is the average from leaving the track until rejoining taking into account the speed limit leading to the pits.

about 20 sec at this track. 7 sec at no track ever.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

it's the time it takes to change the tyres plus deceleration and acceleration time to get back up to speed. Ave is 20 secs on this track.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not many drivers outrace Hamilton wheel to wheel but Max did that today in that exciting attempted overtake by Hamilton.

Yes, he was outraced as Hamilton gave him too much space because essentially, he knew that Verstappen would spear him if he squeezed as the Dutchman has nothing to lose and is an erratic driver. Hamilton kept away from the hot head and took his points sensibly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
it's the time it takes to change the tyres plus deceleration and acceleration time to get back up to speed. Ave is 20 secs on this track.

I hadnt taken into account the time taken to decelerate and then accelerate after the tyre change the time I said was the maximum time taken to change the tyres. Thanks I have learnt something which will be of interest for future races.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here