Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Are we safe already

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Somebody told me we are 10-1 to get relegated. Couldnt bring myself to bet but think this is great value. Appreciate we won but have just beaten 2 sides below us that looked better then us. Apart from Cardiff think most are more likely to win 2 on the trott then us, the way we set up.

886092a672c7e623264db16a9086b46d.png

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Can see the lowest number of points in recent history being required for safety.

It’s going to be somewhere between 30-33 I’d say.

We’re almost halfway to survival based on points.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
No way are we safe yet. Loads of football still to be played.

A few injuries to key players and we will be bricking it..

But......

We are making good headway this season that could give us a cushion if we do suffer an injury crisis.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Take a look at our fixtures over Christmas, we will not pick up many points from those games. We are probably slightly ahead of where we expected to be at this stage, but only by 2-3 points. So no, we are not safe.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
We are probably slightly ahead of where we expected to be at this stage, but only by 2-3 points. So no, we are not safe.

Agreed, but I don't think many people expected the likes of Newcastle to be on 3pts after 10 games. So not only are we a couple of points up on where we expected to be, the target of where we need to be has possibly fallen a couple of points too.

That said, I'm not getting complacent either, but it is looking positive.

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
Take a look at our fixtures over Christmas, we will not pick up many points from those games. We are probably slightly ahead of where we expected to be at this stage, but only by 2-3 points. So no, we are not safe.

But 2-3 points is equivalent to 3 or more games, and given the bottom 5 or 6 are another 2-3 points off what you’d expect, we are looking very healthy at the moment. More than a further 6 points before Xmas would make me supremely confident of staying up.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
One game at a time....it was only a couple of matches ago the prophets of doom were chastising 'negative' CH ....reckoning we'd lose against Huddersfield and Palarse etc etc

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Personally I think we should be looking for the old survival target of 40 points, however I can see teams surviving on low 30's.

Would be amazing if we could gain say 25/26 points by New Year and field a full first team in the FA Cup, another decent cup run would be the icing on the cake.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
One game at a time....it was only a couple of matches ago the prophets of doom were chastising 'negative' CH ....reckoning we'd lose against Huddersfield and Palarse etc etc

You’re spot on, I know.

But relatively speaking, things look really bad for a large group of clubs at the bottom.

Plus we have momentum, have rode out the Stephens/Gross/Propper absences, and Andone/March/Bissouma/Montoya/Bernardo have almost simultaneously emerged as the business.

It feels very relaxed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here