Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong knockers

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My view in Bong is that he is just about good enough. Just about. We will need to upgrade him at some point if we want to keep progressing. Starting to think the same about March as well.

I think we're more in need of a change at no 10 (or get Pascal back) than replacing Bong. March has been largely ineffective - appears to have little confidence (although he started well on Saturday, he soon faded).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
March was better on Sat, but I am still at a loss as to why Ali J doesn't fill-in at number 10 instead, thereby allowing Knocky and Jose to work their magic on the wings...

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
March was better on Sat, but I am still at a loss as to why Ali J doesn't fill-in at number 10 instead, thereby allowing Knocky and Jose to work their magic on the wings...[/QUOTE

Thought that might happen when CH was going to make substitutions, but alas no

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
we probably are with 25 & 27 shots against us in two games.

As I said each to his own. I think he is a good stopper but not so good at reading the game nor going forward ( I think he was better a couple of years ago on the latter point).

Hughton obvious rates him the best we have and as a stopper he probably is but that does not mean he is as good as people make out.

This is not about some kind of witch hunt its about comment about our football club and how we improve it. There are issues that also need addressing e.g. Murray's replacement and more generally how do we get the ball forward much quicker.

I also think that for a club that has 4 wingers we actually need to improve this area as our wing play is not very good.

I don't think us Bongites are making him out to be better than he is, but it's more to do with defending him from the Bongboos.

I don't imagine there would be any Bong's Brill threads if Bong wasn't being singled out as the defensive weak link. (He's too tall for that!!)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't think us Bongites are making him out to be better than he is, but it's more to do with defending him from the Bongboos.

I don't imagine there would be any Bong's Brill threads if Bong wasn't being singled out as the defensive weak link. (He's too tall for that!!)

This

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Love the sentiment in this thread and elsewhere that of our current squad only Dunk, Duffy and Ryan are good enough...!! And that can soon change if they make a couple of mistakes... [emoji28]

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Difficult to believe that when someone posted that outside the top six, Bong is one of the best LBs in the league!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here