Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Bong knockers

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Trouble with Bong is that he seems to make a couple of major **** ups per game. You can get away with that in the Championship but apart from when you are playing Newcastle, you will nearly always be punished in the Premier League. Plus his crossing is bloody awful.

He may be the best LB we currently have but he has got to be one of the players that we need to upgrade next summer (Bernardo may be this player but we are yet to see him in his favoured position in a competitive match).

Jimmy Grimble

Not great today but he is part of the shape of a defensive unit that has exemplified defensive discipline for a very long time now. Based on that, he can't be dropped and that's why Hughton sticks with him.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Weak link in the team to me. Always liable to switch off and give away chance to the oppo. May be the best LB in the club at the moment but we need to find a dependable replacement as soon as poss. All my opinion obviously!

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
He's a good physical player who makes it hard for his opponent, the big down side is that he is prone to lapses in concentration that you will get punished for at this level

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last season he was excellent.

This season he has been mostly good but patchy.

Today at times he was downright awful, very lucky not to concede twice via poor errors. Hoping this is just a poor run of form and he has been carrying an injury.

Absolutely how I see it. Gutted that there doesn’t seem much faith in Bernado as I felt a top quality LB would really improve us. And RB but Montoya has looked alright so far...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest. There was at least a couple of errors from everyone today but It seems people need to have a thread to analyse Bongy's errors.. He did make errors but you watch how we defended today. Little semi circle Kayal and Stephens pushing forward and forcing them to play it wide. We are confident their wide men couldn't take on and go past Bong or Bruno. That forced them to pump in balls from distance and the DDs ate those crosses up for breakfast. Excellent defensive performance. We are a right accomplished defensive side and no one will convince of anything different.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Offers nothing going forward and is our weak link in our defence.....Apart from that...

Bernardo should be in. CH chose Bernardo as our left back at the start of the season (Watford).
Harshly dropped when he had to go right back due to Bruno injury.
Two horror mistakes today, fortunately it was Newcastle.

You clearly have never been to watch Brighton for the last 4 years if you think that Bong offers nothing going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
If he's useless, how come he has kept his place in the team for so long? He's proven himself as far as i am concerned and i'm quite happy with his contribution to a very solid back 4.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Every week it’s the same. Everyone saying oh he made a couple of mistakes today but generally he’s really good. If we’d lost 2-0 today and conceded both the opportunities he served up on a plate this thread would read very different. Getting away with it at the moment.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I have a late 60’s American film called Bong Knockers (starring Daisy Flaps, Charlene Cumbuckets and Eddie Babysarmholdinganapple) in my collection and was hoping this thread was a review of said movie. :down:

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ever since the Amex we have struggled to solve the Leftback issue. Under CH we have signed Bong, Pocognoli, Suttner & Bernardo. CH is clearly looking for additional attributes to his left back yet every time he brings in a replacement he reverts back to Bong who in my opinion does the basics of what CH is looking for the best.

I do expect Bernardo to claim the spot but Bong is doing a fine job

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
In terms of errors, he probably makes a similar number to Dunk, yet Lewis is hailed as the greatest player ever to grace the turf and Bong is slated at every opportunity

In my opinion he is a very solid, hard working fullback who rarely gets beaten one on one. His crossing leaves a lot to be desired but nobody is perfect in this team.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
In terms of errors, he probably makes a similar number to Dunk, yet Lewis is hailed as the greatest player ever to grace the turf and Bong is slated at every opportunity

In my opinion he is a very solid, hard working fullback who rarely gets beaten one on one. His crossing leaves a lot to be desired but nobody is perfect in this team.

I don’t think that’s strictly true, I believe the reason Bong is getting a fair amount of critism is he isn’t reaching the standards he has set himself. I’m sure there was some stats kicking around the end of last season saying how few players get passed him etc and to that level he is still doing well. However this season his decision making at times and concentration doesn’t seem to be at the level it was last year.

He is clearly good enough and I’m not questioning his place in the side, however to say he isn’t making an increasing number of mistakes would be a lie. Like I’ve said on this thread perhaps his injury he has been carrying is a factor or maybe there are other reasons he isn’t performing to his best.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I have a late 60’s American film called Bong Knockers (starring Daisy Flaps, Charlene Cumbuckets and Eddie Babysarmholdinganapple) in my collection and was hoping this thread was a review of said movie. :down:

Was that a prequel to Tommy Knockers, starring Marg Hellofaburger!

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I’m a massive fan of Bong but his mistake that lead to Perez nearly scoring was farcical. It looked like a game of FIFA where somebody had left the controller and gone for a piss.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here