Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player of the season so far?

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Ryan for me - his level of consistency sets him apart. I choose to ignore his distribution!!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A two horse race between Duffy and Ryan for me. Can’t split them.

They are the two names I had in mind before I opened the thread. Duffy has been a monster this season, and he’s added goals. Maty Ryan has the fastest reactions of any keeper I’ve ever seen. Neck and neck at this point.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Dunk and Duffy are 2 rolled into one and they are the stand outside for me. However, I have been so impressed by Kayal since he has broken back into the side

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Think MOTD said that Murray was the most prolific striker, over the age of 33, in Europe. That includes Ronaldo.

His goals have secured us the majority of our points,

So I am gong for him.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Kayal energy could win him player of the season. Ironic that our team could easily be:

Bruno
Dunk
Duffy
Bong

March
Stephens
Kayal
Knockaert

Murray

9/11 from champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Murray. Bit of recency bias thus far. Whilst Duffy has been very, very good but we've only just started keeping clean sheets. GM is running more than he ever has and is scoring at a rate similar to the likes of Kane and Salah.

This.

How the OP did not include him in the opening gambit is beyond me.

I don’t know why we’re even asking the question, if fans of other Premier League sides were asked who our player is the season was, they would say ‘Murray’ straight away.

Whilst Ryan & Duffy can help us keep clean all day, you need goals and wins to stay in this division. Glenn is giving us that; his value to us is obviously being missed by most people.

Look at Boro a few seasons ago, really solid at the back with Ayala & Gibson (8th best defensive record in the league) yet they could not turn draws into wins & got slam dunked back to the Championship where they belong. Even if they had Duffy & Ryan in that team, they’d have gone down. Add Murray to their squad that season and they’d have stayed up with ease; he is that good.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Ryan for me

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
This.

How the OP did not include him in the opening gambit is beyond me.

I don’t know why we’re even asking the question, if fans of other Premier League sides were asked who our player is the season was, they would say ‘Murray’ straight away.

Whilst Ryan & Duffy can help us keep clean all day, you need goals and wins to stay in this division. Glenn is giving us that; his value to us is obviously being missed by most people.

Look at Boro a few seasons ago, really solid at the back with Ayala & Gibson (8th best defensive record in the league) yet they could not turn draws into wins & got slam dunked back to the Championship where they belong. Even if they had Duffy & Ryan in that team, they’d have gone down. Add Murray to their squad that season and they’d have stayed up with ease; he is that good.

Because I honestly don’t think he’s been close to as good as Ryan and Duffy. Murray has overall been very good this season but the other two have been performing at an elite level in every single game. Murray has now missed a couple of games and not been great in a couple of others.

I’ve watched a lot of premier league football this season and haven’t seen a better goalkeeper or centre back from any team so far. We’ve needed them too as we’ve only really played well in the Man Utd game.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I really think our resolve to keep our players could be tested in January. I can easily see someone offering silly money for Duffy. For example if he went to Man Utd he would immediately make them better defensively.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
For me Duffy for definite. The fact he has chipped in with a couple of goals strengthens the case even further.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Murray. Bit of recency bias thus far. Whilst Duffy has been very, very good but we've only just started keeping clean sheets. GM is running more than he ever has and is scoring at a rate similar to the likes of Kane and Salah.
Kane and Salah also get a bit more service than our Glen.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Duffy Duffy Duffy.

A beast of a defender and a threat from set pieces,

Honorable mentions for Murray and Ryan. Kayal adds real bite in midfield and the return of Izquierdo is very very welcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here