Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Lewis Dunk become the greatest ever Brighton player ?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Lawrenson, Stevens, Zamora were all more gifted but if he stays with us he could surpass Horton and Foster as Mr. Brighton, like a Steve Perryman, David O'Leary or Billy Bonds-type figure for this club.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Still won’t make him the best player we have ever had. I don’t know if you ever saw Lawrenson play for us but I certainly saw most of his home games and he was just in a class of his own. Tackling, heading, gracefully going forward with the ball at his feet, passing, never flustered, comfortable on the ball - a joy and privilidge to watch him. He is one of the top defenders England has ever produced, let alone played for us.
Dunk is good, and I think getting better and the best of the local produce but he just isn’t going to have the natural ability of Lawrenson.

Spot on. Lawro was one of the best defenders in the world, Lewis couldn't possibly improve that much

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Still won’t make him the best player we have ever had. I don’t know if you ever saw Lawrenson play for us but I certainly saw most of his home games and he was just in a class of his own. Tackling, heading, gracefully going forward with the ball at his feet, passing, never flustered, comfortable on the ball - a joy and privilidge to watch him. He is one of the top defenders England has ever produced, let alone played for us.
Dunk is good, and I think getting better and the best of the local produce but he just isn’t going to have the natural ability of Lawrenson.

This is it. He played a game for Eire at Wembley against England (Keegan inclu.) and he was the best player on the pitch. He contribution was highlighted by the analysts after the game. Just good for Brighton.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Keith Dublin isn’t ever mentioned on nsc.
So I’m randomly chucking him in here.
Keith Dublin.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Peter O'Sullivan.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Will take some to be better than Bruno but he’s giving it a good go!

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Lawrenson best player to play for Brighton, greatest Brighton player on the criteria of loyalty, ability, progress and potential as well as being a home-grown product could be Dunk in a few years time. FWIW I think Duffy has been the pick of the pair this season and an early contender for Player of the Year.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Vicente is the greatest by a country mile .

The way he ghosted past players with ease and the way he moved around the pitch completely invisible to the naked eye felt almost like watching a football illusion. Even now, I wonder whether it was all just a dream having such a fantastic player doing what he did for us.

Those were the days.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hard to disagree with any of that, and yet if t'internet were around then posters will still be driving him to Mansfield for 50k.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here