Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Murray’s head injury

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Son said that it has been reported today that CH has said GM is out of the Wolves game but I havent seen it anywhere.

Really BG ? Anywhere ? You don’t read the Argus ?
Or NSC where this piece from last night has been shared. In threads you’ve contributed to ???
Anyway this is just Naylor speculating given the injury and recovery times etc.
Hughton hasn’t confirmed it. (publicly)
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16...gainst-wolves-after-newcastle-knockout-scare/

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I don't know what the difference is either, but CH said he was concussed in the video here (from 2:09)

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45847415[/video]

By definition.....he was clearly out cold, hence he was concussed. Be very surprised if he’s playing next week. Likely to suffer varying degrees of headache and nausea for at least a few days, so v unlikely to want to train even if the medics are prepared to allow him to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Really BG ? Anywhere ? You don’t read the Argus ?
Or NSC where this piece from last night has been shared. In threads you’ve contributed to ???
Anyway this is just Naylor speculating given the injury and recovery times etc.
Hughton hasn’t confirmed it. (publicly)
https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/16...gainst-wolves-after-newcastle-knockout-scare/

As you say all speculation but when son said it I assumed that CH had confirmed it today somewhere that I hadnt seen or heard and just asking

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I think that when knocked out your tongue can block your airway which gives the impression of it being swallowed. This is why you are always taught to keep the airway clear.

Indeed, failure to action this accounted for many of the Hillsborough 96 who were left lying on their backs unconscious and their tongue blocked their own airway, sadly with fatal consequences.
I updated my first aid with the FA last week and now the recovery position is no longer taught - but using a defibrillator was ..... lots of reference to both Fabrice Muamba and Hillsborough

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Regardless of guidelines and red tape that was a horrible incident and the best thing all round to do is to rest him for wolves and see how it goes after that , yes ok he committed the heinous crime of not waving to the away fans as he was stretchered off but give the bloke a break eh .

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Indeed, failure to action this accounted for many of the Hillsborough 96 who were left lying on their backs unconscious and their tongue blocked their own airway, sadly with fatal consequences.
I updated my first aid with the FA last week and now the recovery position is no longer taught - but using a defibrillator was ..... lots of reference to both Fabrice Muamba and Hillsborough

Defibrillators are great, but why on earth not teach the recovery position? Bonkers. I think you might have had a dodgy instructor.

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
f a person is unconscious but is breathing and has no other life-threatening conditions, they should be placed in the recovery position. Putting someone in the recovery position will keep their airway clear and open. It also ensures that any vomit or fluid won't cause them to choke.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
Defibrillators are great, but why on earth not teach the recovery position? Bonkers. I think you might have had a dodgy instructor.
I updated my first aid with the FA too. Recovery position was taught! Done by non other than Malcolm Stuart. Nice to see consistency!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Jul 7, 2003
I must say, I was pretty annoyed with the stretcher bearers just ambling on when everyone on the pitch was urging them to hurry up. Kayal (i think) just went and grabbed it in the end. Surely they're better trained than this?

Still got there quicker than those clowns we used to have back at Gillingham.

Yoda

English & European
I must say, I was pretty annoyed with the stretcher bearers just ambling on when everyone on the pitch was urging them to hurry up. Kayal (i think) just went and grabbed it in the end. Surely they're better trained than this?

I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again as it's been a while since one of our players has (thankfully) needed one.

The medical staff (be it St. John, Red Cross, local NHS Ambulance trust) will quite often be wearing normal shoes on their feet. What good is it an injured player, for them to come sprinting on to a watered grass pitch only to slip and possibly injure themselves? That is why they walk on.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I've said it before in the past, and I'll say it again as it's been a while since one of our players has (thankfully) needed one.

The medical staff (be it St. John, Red Cross, local NHS Ambulance trust) will quite often be wearing normal shoes on their feet. What good is it an injured player, for them to come sprinting on to a watered grass pitch only to slip and possibly injure themselves? That is why they walk on.

What’s the rush with the stretcher anyway ? It was at least 5-6 mins before the physio and team were ready for Glenn to be put on it anyway.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
What’s the rush with the stretcher anyway ? It was at least 5-6 mins before the physio and team were ready for Glenn to be put on it anyway.

Yes - fair enough. But it's psychological I think. You want things to be done as quickly as possible (or seen to be done) when something like that happens - even if it isn't strictly necessary.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Access may be an argument but I would think that like we have in the NE Corner every club has such an entrance large enough to accommodate the access for such a vehicle.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here