Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Get in! Suck on that you fat Spanish waiter!

Great away result despite being very painful to watch. Hope Glenn is OK, suspect he will be rested as a precaution for the next match.

It's a three week 'suspension' following concussion, per medical guidelines.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
We don't win without the usual superior goalkeeping by our outstanding Maty Ryan. Good thing we never gave up on him in his first year with the Albion.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
We don't win without the usual superior goalkeeping by our outstanding Maty Ryan. Good thing we never gave up on him in his first year with the Albion.

If he was taller, he would have held the free kick ???

Pascal out, Glen gone after 10 mins and 3 points away at Newcastle. That'll do for me :thumbsup:

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
you can call it whatever you like .....dunk , duffy and matty saved our bacon today.......newcassel will be wondering what the **** happened out there , we offered virtually NOTHING going forward and gave the ball away like we didn't want it...........**** me that was hard to watch ...gonna take a while to wind down .

We’re singing from the same hymn sheet.

Won ugly, not by any great masterplan, but the players you mentioned chiselled out a result when let down by shite up front.

It can’t be a masterplan, because it only works every 12 months.

If we stay up, it’s obvious player recruitment will look at creative midfield/strikers again.

(Andone may end up being quality).

BUT STILL A VERY HAPPY 3 POINTS FOR THE ALBION.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Thought we were pretty shit from what I saw if I’m being totally honest. So frustrating away from home and incite pressure. On another day could have been hunped BUT D&D, Ryan & Izzy were class. Delighted with the win, but not going to pretend it was a good performance - far from it. Sorry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alan Shearer, Jimmy Nail, Cheryl Cole, Ant and Dec, Gazza and Brown Ale - your boys took one HELL of a beating!

kemptown kid

Apr 17, 2011
Splendid result, especially with players rested, unavailable and coming back - the squad delivers. Wishing Glenn well.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
you can call it whatever you like .....dunk , duffy and matty saved our bacon today.......newcassel will be wondering what the **** happened out there , we offered virtually NOTHING going forward and gave the ball away like we didn't want it...........**** me that was hard to watch ...gonna take a while to wind down .

I have to say I agree today. We were poor. But what a result! We need to sort a lot out away from home though...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
The stream I was watching was a few mins back so stayed off here. Nice to get an away win finally, but we didn't make it easy. Could have or should have been 2 or 3.
Dunk and Duffy looked amazing all game. Izzy had a great one too. Ryan kept us in it. Great performance by everyone else. Hopefully the injuries aren't too severe (not checked the Murray thread yet) and hopefully we can carry on this run.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
From the BBC

The Magpies produced 27 shots on goal, but only managed six on target. Midfielder Jonjo Shelvey went closest to scoring - first with a strike that was superbly blocked by Ryan, then with a free-kick, that was saved by the Australian with the help of the intervention from his defence wall.

Jurgen realised that Matty couldn't make it all the way across, so headed it back towards him #Together :D

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here