Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Former Albion legend Paddy McCourt played his final match tonight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Fake news: he's still playing.

"The home side rarely looked troubled against a side they had beaten twice in the league already this season, with Paddy McCourt imperious as he prolonged his playing career for two more weeks.

The former Northern Ireland international will retire at the end of the season to take up a role with the Derry City academy, but that decision is premature judging by Friday’s night’s performance.

The 34-year-old pulled the strings at the base of a three-man midfield as manager Ollie Horgan went with an attacking wing-back system, with Kavanagh on the right-hand side."

http://www.the42.ie/finn-harps-v-drogheda-united-19-october-2018-4296217-Oct2018/

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Never really cut it for us, did he. Still, if I was still only 34 and had played for both Celtic and Brighton and Hove Albion, I guess I'd be quite happy with life! All the best to the lad,

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Scary levels of natural ability.
Loved watching him glide past fullbacks.
Shame it only happened about twice and there was no end product anyway

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Legend? Wow that title is handed out easily. I'm not sure he is in the top 100 players who have played for the club since Tony Bloom has been the owner

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Could have been, but wasn't.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Oh Paddy. If he'd actually started a game for us !, then we might have seen what he could do. Good luck to the fella.
paddy.jpg

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I almost said "who?" but thought I might be disrespecting an Albion leg gend. Now I think I'll leave it to the chief judge of Cúirt Uachtarach na hÉireann (Supreme Court of Ireland). Who better to decide than the true judge of McCourt.

Bollox! I messed up my post count----now 4.445

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Actual last game was last night, unfortunately going off injured on 16 minutes. Scored a penalty in the first leg of the playoff; Harps won 3-0 on aggregate and have returned to the SSE Premier Division

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here