Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Twenty Members of a Grooming Gang Convicted

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
I think that's a pretty good comparison to the Asian grooming gangs, both are born from a cultural situation and both have a disproportionate number of cases of paedophilia.

The only way to stamp it out was for the church to admit it had a problem. The same must be said of the Muslim/British Pakistani community.

That doesn't mean I'm ignoring white paedophiles. Every time there's a thread about this someone comes on here and parrots the line "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles"

It's a great comparison.
What happened/happens in the Catholic Church was allowed to go on for so long because people didn't have the bollocks to say "actually, you've got a problem guys".
Will we ever learn?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think that's a pretty good comparison to the Asian grooming gangs, both are born from a cultural situation and both have a disproportionate number of cases of paedophilia.

The only way to stamp it out was for the church to admit it had a problem. The same must be said of the Muslim/British Pakistani community.

That doesn't mean I'm ignoring white paedophiles. Every time there's a thread about this someone comes on here and parrots the line "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles", "what about white paedophiles"

Completely agree with your first point. We don't get there though vilifying an entire religion or saying a religion is inherently evil, or that the entire religion promotes this behaviour. That is what provokes the responses you talk about in your second point. People don't want to hear millions of people being tarnished with the same brush. Religion isn't inherently bad, but it can make bad people do bad things.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Completely agree with your first point. We don't get there though vilifying an entire religion or saying a religion is inherently evil, or that the entire religion promotes this behaviour. That is what provokes the responses you talk about in your second point. People don't want to hear millions of people being tarnished with the same brush. Religion isn't inherently bad, but it can make bad people do bad things.

I know what you're saying, but I think it's a minority that is vilifying the whole of Islam. I find it really irritating when these subjects get so polarised that it can't be discussed rationally.

That said, we really shouldn't ignore the cultural aspects of these cases. I tend to agree with an earlier poster that this is more you do with the part of the world people have come from than it is with Islam. I've read previous articles saying that many of the ring leaders in these cases are from areas of rural pakistan where attitudes towards women are rather backwards.

As a side note, I was in Mumbai last year and I quite enjoyed reading the local news. Every day there was at least one story about sexual assault and/or harassment of women.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I did, because people were already pointing the finger at the Muslim community. I then went on within a couple of posts to say similar things were happening with Romanian, Albanian and Vietnamese were involved in similar crimes.

so they fvcking well should be pointing fingers at the "muslim community" dont try and tell me they didnt know what was going on , even muslim mp's want it swept under the carpet , how about challenging her instead of being a virtue signalling bellend by picking easy targets like tommy robinson , youre the 2018 version of neville chamberlain witb your head up your arse
https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....eir-mouths-for-good-of-diversity-6872181/amp/

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I agree, but you know my point. As I have said before there are more British paedophiles going through the court system than Asian but the usual suspects and SYL supporters would have you believe it is all one sided.

All of them are evil wicked men, no matter what their ethnicity.

you genuinely make me sick , youre nothing but an appeaser.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I don't think you grasp the severity of this and why it's happening on a huge scale, Instead you are finding cases involving single/pairs of white males in a predominately white country to to make some moral point. You will always get scumbags like this.
These Asians grooming rings are a massive worry. Just looking at that picture should send shockwaves through the UK.

shes a f*cking idiot

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You are right, but what you don't grasp is that rhetoric such as 'religiously motivated' doesn't help the issue. Extremism is what it is, extreme, a fundamental interpretation of doctrines that moderates simply don't follow, believe or condemn. It should send shockwaves through the UK, but not through the vilification of 2.8million largely innocent law abiding people. If we can isolate extremism from mainstream moderate religion then we can hopefully have the political confidence to deal with the issues. Discriminating against an entire religion isn't going to achieve that.

do leave off https://www.google.com/amp/s/metro....eir-mouths-for-good-of-diversity-6872181/amp/

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
On the contrary, I am not looking at the problem with blinkers on. Paedophilia is so much wider than one section of society, unfortunately.

It is not confined to one nationality, one section of society or even one gender.

nobody is saying it is ffs :facepalm:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
On the contrary, I am not looking at the problem with blinkers on. Paedophilia is so much wider than one section of society, unfortunately.

It is not confined to one nationality, one section of society or even one gender.

But you are, because you can't acknowledge expert findings. You're in a state of denial. That or you're struggling with the words 'disproportionate' and 'gang' because you keep harking on about individuals in every society group to deflect criticism. It's actually a bit sinister, a bit Looney-esq the way you continually find a way to defend the indefensible.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
But you are, because you can't acknowledge expert findings. You're in a state of denial. That or you're struggling with the words 'disproportionate' and 'gang' because you keep harking on about individuals in every society group to deflect criticism. It's actually a bit sinister, a bit Looney-esq the way you continually find a way to defend the indefensible.

Completely out of order.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That's very specific. Are you ignoring the white men who abused young boys and girls? Are you ignoring the paedophile gang jailed in Bristol, yesterday for raping babies? Are you ignoring the couple (yes a woman) who were jailed in Wales for raping young girls? Are you ignoring the family in your street where the uncle/brother is systematically raping a young girl every night in her own home?
Are you ignoring the sex trafficking that is going on with Vietnamese and Romanian gangs in the SE, or do you just want to concentrate on the one section that you think is 'worse' than others?

do you know what , slavery has been going on for thousands of years ....started in China / Mongolia and spread West across the globe with the Arabs first taking Easy pickings from Africa , and the Europeans finally getting involved in the late 1600's , the male slaves were used/worked to death on heavy labour details and the young, good looking female slaves were used for sex............there have always been perverts in Britain , kiddy fiddling has been going on for 100's of years , the major difference here should be OBVIOUS , the systematic abduction , drugging and raping of hundreds of girls, predominantly white girls , but apparently some indian girls as well...( how many of their own kind have they abducted ......ZERO...!!) so if you continue to doggedly refuse to accept there was a specific agenda / motivation for these gangs then i'm afraid you are not living in the present day , regardless of your profession , current or previous.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
do you know what , slavery has been going on for thousands of years ....started in China / Mongolia and spread West across the globe with the Arabs first taking Easy pickings from Africa , and the Europeans finally getting involved in the late 1600's , the male slaves were used/worked to death on heavy labour details and the young, good looking female slaves were used for sex............there have always been perverts in Britain , kiddy fiddling has been going on for 100's of years , the major difference here should be OBVIOUS , the systematic abduction , drugging and raping of hundreds of girls, predominantly white girls , but apparently some indian girls as well...( how many of their own kind have they abducted ......ZERO...!!) so if you continue to doggedly refuse to accept there was a specific agenda / motivation for these gangs then i'm afraid you are not living in the present day , regardless of your profession , current or previous.

This.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I've read this whole thread and I don't see Thunder bolt doing anything remotely close to defending the indefensible and she is being treated pretty shamefully by some on here.

People often only see what they want to see and this is a classic example. Some people just want an excuse to take out their anger on anyone who hasn't got their pitchforks out.

It is not down to the Muslim community to self-police against vile scum like these, any more than it is down to the black community to self-police against knife crime or whites to self-police against aggravated burglary or armed robbery.

There are a couple of other issues that are raised in my view. Firstly, I get pissed off when it becomes apparent that law enforcement treats certain sectors with kid gloves for fear of upsetting them, all the while this sort of crime is continuing more often than average. Secondly, we are talking about kids as young as eight. Where the hell are the parents then? What are they doing letting their kids fall into these people's clutches? Plenty on here were quick to point out how Madeline McCann's middle class parents were entirely to blame for that awful incident, so why don't the same rules apply to parents of working class parents then?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've read this whole thread and I don't see Thunder bolt doing anything remotely close to defending the indefensible and she is being treated pretty shamefully by some on here.

People often only see what they want to see and this is a classic example. Some people just want an excuse to take out their anger on anyone who hasn't got their pitchforks out.

It is not down to the Muslim community to self-police against vile scum like these, any more than it is down to the black community to self-police against knife crime or whites to self-police against aggravated burglary or armed robbery.

There are a couple of other issues that are raised in my view. Firstly, I get pissed off when it becomes apparent that law enforcement treats certain sectors with kid gloves for fear of upsetting them, all the while this sort of crime is continuing more often than average. Secondly, we are talking about kids as young as eight. Where the hell are the parents then? What are they doing letting their kids fall into these people's clutches? Plenty on here were quick to point out how Madeline McCann's middle class parents were entirely to blame for that awful incident, so why don't the same rules apply to parents of working class parents then?

All good points.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Totally agree, spilled into outright bullying and doesn’t belong on these boards or anywhere else for that matter.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
do you know what , slavery has been going on for thousands of years, and the Europeans finally getting involved in the late 1600's , .

More fake news. The Greek and Roman Empires were centred in Europe.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Completely out of order.

What - because Thunder Bolt refuses to acknowledge what the primary investigator, himself an ethnic minority, on a national level has said about gang-level abuse? I think you'll find he/she's completely out of order. As for suggestions of bullying, isn't that so predictable - claim victimhood when you're in the wrong.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What - because Thunder Bolt refuses to acknowledge what the primary investigator, himself an ethnic minority, on a national level has said about gang-level abuse? I think you'll find he/she's completely out of order. As for suggestions of bullying, isn't that so predictable - claim victimhood when you're in the wrong.

I haven't refused to acknowledge anything. I'm on the side of law and order. I'm on the side of the victims.

Btw the dictionary definition of appeaser - someone who tries to bring peace by acceding to demands. “"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile--hoping it will eat him last"--Winston Churchill”
Someone who tries to bring calm. I've hardly done that, have I?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here