Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Disney now coming under fire.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
And the people that spout this crap, both in the UK and here, are those that support union power, all inclusiveness at any cost, and claim that those do not share their stupidity are extreme right and should be labelled racists. Bit like Pompey, twats.

One person, not people. Don't get all outraged about 'people'.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Choudray is being released under licence which is in accordance with UK law, but has 25 restrictions placed on him. He breaks just one and he's back inside.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45911160

Yeah, I'm not quite sure when Lenny's so uptight about that. I'd say, without looking at figures, that about 99% of prisoners are released early, it's absolute standard practice (and most of them don't have the level of restrictions that Choudray have). There'll be dozens of prisoners released early today. Nothing to see here.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry Thunder, I must be getting old, coming out to work and Mrs H has ITV on, and we've a young lady, barely out of her teens, telling us why its all wrong re Disney, and specifically Cinders and Aladdin, then cut to the 8am news, first two items Hate preacher gets out early and 48 year old father of two murdered in London standing up to drug dealers.

Perspective springs to mind.

She'll be pleased at 33..you're becoming grumpy in your old age ..oh hang on you aren't that old are you

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yeah, I'm not quite sure when Lenny's so uptight about that. I'd say, without looking at figures, that about 99% of prisoners are released early, it's absolute standard practice (and most of them don't have the level of restrictions that Choudray have). There'll be dozens of prisoners released early today. Nothing to see here.

Precisely.

Standard fixed term sentence = released halfway through on license. He explicitly was NOT let out early on good behaviour.

Cinderella isn't sexist either.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
She'll be pleased at 33..you're becoming grumpy in your old age ..oh hang on you aren't that old are you

Lamie, I wasn't referring to Ms Knightley, ITV wheeled some 'right on' feminist out at 7.50am, who was indeed barely out of her teens, to tell us that these Oscar winning films which depicted these classic children's stories were both sexist and racist.(And I think she also mentioned that the Prince in Sleeping Beauty was a potential Nonce) (She didn't use those exact words to be fair)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Thread started about someone expressing an opinion - check

Massive generalisation made about 'those people' linking said imaginary people to other people who think other things entirely unrelated too - check

:drama::angry::angry:

The question we should be asking ourselves is: Why do media outlets think we want to know what (whoever it was) thinks about Disney films?

Perhaps we should be a little more discerning about the shit we allow to be inserted into our heads.

Here is Banksy talking about Advertising, perhaps its relevant to the sluice of shit that carries it into our homes as well?

People are taking the piss out of you everyday. They butt into your life, take a cheap shot at you and then disappear. They leer at you from tall buildings and make you feel small. They make flippant comments from buses that imply you're not sexy enough and that all the fun is happening somewhere else. They are on TV making your girlfriend feel inadequate. They have access to the most sophisticated technology the world has ever seen and they bully you with it. They are The Advertisers and they are laughing at you. You, however, are forbidden to touch them. Trademarks, intellectual property rights and copyright law mean advertisers can say what they like wherever they like with total impunity. **** that. Any advert in a public space that gives you no choice whether you see it or not is yours. It's yours to take, re-arrange and re-use. You can do whatever you like with it. Asking for permission is like asking to keep a rock someone just threw at your head. You owe the companies nothing. Less than nothing, you especially don't owe them any courtesy. They owe you. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs.

Anyway I am off to find out what happened in the Bachelor and what Meagan and Harry have been up to today while people try to sell me shit.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lamie, I wasn't referring to Ms Knightley, ITV wheeled some 'right on' feminist out at 7.50am, who was indeed barely out of her teens, to tell us that these Oscar winning films which depicted these classic children's stories were both sexist and racist.(And I think she also mentioned that the Prince in Sleeping Beauty was a potential Nonce) (She didn't use those exact words to be fair)

Missed that so apologies...I just saw the story on the bbc website last night (heavens knows why it was in their top ten..this day and age I guess...oh my I'm becoming grumpy :)

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Jesus wept. Lenny, do you ever post anything that can't be translated as "It's PC gone MAD these days isn't it?".

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Precisely.

Standard fixed term sentence = released halfway through on license. He explicitly was NOT let out early on good behaviour.

Cinderella isn't sexist either.

Indeed, I'd have said that Cinderella is anything but sexist. Firstly all four main characters are female, the 'goodies' and the 'baddies'. The main male character is only a minor role who appears after the action has been set and is simply the trophy that Cinderella wins (with female help) for overcoming adversity. Secondly the story many times passes the Bechdel Test, which is a test for the roles of women in fiction. Basically a work of fiction 'passes' if it features at least two women who talk to each other about something other than a man

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Missed that so apologies...I just saw the story on the bbc website last night (heavens knows why it was in their top ten..this day and age I guess...oh my I'm becoming grumpy :)

She was repeating what Keira Knightly had said. I suppose it makes Lenny's post look more grumpy old man. :lolol:

I agree with your comment on the news outlets. Why do Itv and the BBC think we are interested in these silly stories?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Snip.PNG

:shootself

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Let's put this in perspective Lenny. One celebrity won't let her daughter watch Disney because it's her opinion.
It's nothing to do with a criminal being released albeit under house arrest with multiple restrictions.

Have a nice day.

Yep! Keira Knightley needs to take a chill pill. Watching old Disney films will cause her daughters to believe that women are weak that need to be rescued by men. Parenting and role models are what affects your children's self worth.

That hate preacher will not be able to fart without the police knowing about it. so not worried about him.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Poor Kiera.

I guess this is what happens when you suffer PTSD.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here