Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] People who eat loudly

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Apple flaunters (people who chew apples loudly to show how healthy they are being)

Yes - I'm not one to make judgements about people without getting to talk to them but anyone that eats and apple in public without peeling it and cutting it in to small chunks like one does with any other NORMAL food is a complete and utter arsewipe.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
AAAARGGHH MY EYES!! Why would you say that?? I'm gonna be in a state of shock every Sunday dinner now!!

Sorry :p ...... that rare roast beef is never going to be the same again is it !

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Overfilled burger/kebab eaters who end up with half a jar of mayo/tomato relish/chilli sauce all over their faces. Yuck.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm sorry, but people who FLINCH at every eating sound drive me mad.

I've been to other people's houses for dinner and you see them SHUDDER at any noise during eating. The CLINK of a fork on a plate, the slightest SCRAPE of a knife.

Completely KILLS the atmosphere and makes everyone self conscious about a meal that they should feel free to DIG IN on.

My families dinner time (when I was growing up) used to be like feeding time at the zoo. Loud chatting, laughing, speaking with your mouth full, plate scraping, moping up sauce with bread. Sharing your food with others (when out for a meal) It was wonderful.

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
Sorry :p ...... that rare roast beef is never going to be the same again is it !

giphy.gif

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea

I've been to other people's houses for dinner and you see them SHUDDER at any noise during eating. The CLINK of a fork on a plate, the slightest SCRAPE of a knife.

Completely KILLS the atmosphere and makes everyone self conscious about a meal that they should feel free to DIG IN on.

My families dinner time (when I was growing up) used to be like feeding time at the zoo. Loud chatting, laughing, speaking with your mouth full, plate scraping, moping up sauce with bread. Sharing your food with others (when out for a meal) It was wonderful.

With all that racket the sound of food being processed around mouths was probably completely drowned out! Sounds like great fun! I'm with you on the 'lighten up & enjoy it' level, but fellow diners nom nom nomming is horrible, and speaking with your mouth full is gross.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
With all that racket the sound of food being processed around mouths was probably completely drowned out! Sounds like great fun! I'm with you on the 'lighten up & enjoy it' level, but fellow diners nom nom nomming is horrible, and speaking with your mouth full is gross.

I mean, when I put with your mouth full, I mean more 'not waiting for every crumb to have been consumed before daring to continue conversation".

I agree that someone talking with their gob full of SPAG BOL is not great :lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Woman on the train from Victoria the other night, jumps on with a BK, the burger was the size of a dustbin lid, she ate this bloody space ship sized burger and then proceeded to chat on the phone whilst munching the chips down .... and don't get me on to the slurping of the bloody coke!

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I totally agree. I've had friends with eating disorders and it's heartbreaking. There's nothing better than seeing (or hearing) people enjoy their food.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is it actually possible to eat a bag of crisps silently ?

Hula Hoops must be the worst, they are deafening. I do eat with my mouth closed, but I'm fully aware that if I'm ploughing through a bag of Hula Hoops, I still sound like a washing machine with a bag of SPANNERS in it. Not that I lose any sleep.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sitting professional exams in the 90’s, the exam body allowed drinks and snacks at desks.

I once sat adjacent to a pig who loudly ate crisps with her gob open, seemingly forever. In the setting of a near silent exam hall.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
With Hula Hoops, I like to pop a few in my mouth, suck them for a bit until their mushy, then consume. Noiseless, on the whole!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here