Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was ****ing joking you ****ing humourless ****ing **** [emoji111]
Foul mouthed tit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Waiting here with my popcorn for all the "cyclists can f*** off" replies....
After the amount of drivers who have been totally oblivious when turning in front of / cutting me up the last few days (three of them today just in my short ride at lunchtime!), I reckon we need something done.
Tolerance & awareness towards riders first and foremost![/QUOTE

No drivers have done this.

Why do people look for attention or make stuff up?

Why would I make it up? You KNOW it didn't happen eh? Were you there?? Idiot.
One of them (a Trade Carpets van GV55 HPZ) pulled out of a side road in Peacehaven without even stopping or looking right, and almost ploughed straight in to me. Maybe its time to get a GoPro so I can record all the incidents?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Why would I make it up? You KNOW it didn't happen eh? Were you there?? Idiot.
One of them (a Trade Carpets van GV55 HPZ) pulled out of a side road in Peacehaven without even stopping or looking right, and almost ploughed straight in to me. Maybe its time to get a GoPro so I can record all the incidents?

If I had a dash cam I would be recording at LEAST 1 illegal cyclist manoeuvre every single day... but, then, the police would continue to do **** all about it, even if I had the footage...

License cyclists, fine them, ban them... it is only the sensible way forward... but I'm sure the green lobby would block... ****s...

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If I had a dash cam I would be recording at LEAST 1 illegal cyclist manoeuvre every single day... but, then, the police would continue to do **** all about it, even if I had the footage...

License cyclists, fine them, ban them... it is only the sensible way forward... but I'm sure the green lobby would block... ****s...

It doesn't work. Countries that have bought legislation in at huge cost have later repelled them due to ongoing running costs and lack of impact, Switzerland as an example repealed theirs in 2012.

Fact remains that the police and CPS already have legislative powers to prosecute cyclists, and other road users for that matter, for dangerous driving / riding offences. That is most likely down to cost that they don't. Another example is banning the use of mobile phones while driving, while your dash cam picks up at least 1 illegal cyclist on your journey, I'd hazard a guess you'd pick up several drivers on their phones, all getting away with it without the resources to catch and prosecute.

What you are suggesting is setting up a license and registration system that would likely cost millions, that simply would't return anywhere near the revenue from fines to run it, let along cover any of the set up cost, to combat behaviour already punishable by law.

As a car driver myself, the most ridiculous argument I find as I queue through traffic in Brighton is why wouldn't we want to make the city run with less car journeys required? So that tradesmen and those servicing the economy can get around the city quicker. If a huge number of journeys in and around Brighton are under say 8 miles, why couldn't we be ambitious in making cycling safer, easier, thereby making car journeys easier, and more people less reliant on our overstretched public transport and crowded roads, as well as the health benefits. It seems a no brainer that successful cities seeing high productivity and less congestion have realised some time ago.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
In a one square mile across town like Brighton, cyclists and pedestrians and buses should ALWAYS take priority over private motorists. If motorists journeys are that essential to them, then simply introduce a trivial congestion charge and see the numbers shrink massively (in exactly the same way as the introduction of the 5p charge for supermarket bags) as bennies are suddenly forced to think about their journey before just jumping in their car for no good reason at all.

That;s all fine for people that live in Brighton, but for those that don't live within a cyclable (is that even a word?) distance they would then be much less inclined to come to Brighton. Are the knock on economic effects really be worth such an extreme policy just because a few cyclists don't want cars on the road or so that said cyclists can go through red lights knowing that the only thing they might hit is pedestrians?

Plus, with the utmost respect, I don't know many people that just get in a car "for no good reason at all" and just drive into the centre of a congested area like Brighton. Most people are going there for the same reasons anyone goes into a town centre... and call me stupid if you will, but I don't imagine we'd all be in a much better place if everyone started cycling to the shops and then had shopping bags falling from their bikes on the way home. There's a reason we've evolved as a society into one that uses cars - they make most things much, much more convenient. And people shouldn't stop doing the things they need to do just so cyclists can go on a jolly ride through Brighton on a whim.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1057371464398225409[/tweet]

First reply

[tweet]1057379113760161793[/tweet]

:lolol::lolol::lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here