Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Kleenex

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Simple:

This country has gone to the dogs.

(for equality)

This country has gone to the cats.

I hate this world I live in sometimes. I say to my youngest (15) I would hate to be your age today.

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
When will the feminists get their knickers in a twist about Mothercare?

Or, as that's named for women, that's fine?

Spot on! When it suits they'll get all uptight. If we now apply the same logic all us fathers should be enraged and demand they change the name. Outrageous gender stereotyping and perhaps even suggesting that across the board we play a lesser role in parenting and/or maybe we are rubbish at it.

Do you see my point? The above is the nonsense we could spout.

I completely agree. When my kids were young I would often find myself in Mothercare and it wasn't the most male friendly of places. It didn't bother me, I needed nappies and whatnot, not emotional reinforcement. But the logic is fair, if things can't include a suggestion of gender in the name, then they've got a rebranding to do.

Not to mention Personchester United and Personfield Town, among others...

Pretty certain feminists would agree with you on Mothercare, on the grounds that we shouldn't assume the main childcarer is always a woman. So you're feminists. Congratulations!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Loose women have rejected changing their name.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

I haven't read the whole thread, but for those who think this is just PC gone mad, could it not be a simple re-branding exercise, not linked to political correctness at all? Market research simply might suggest that the brand strength lies in Kleenex, not "man-size" making the "man-size" superfluous, unnecessary in most cases, but a negative in some segments - there is value in changing the name. Simple marketing/branding decision. In Mothercare, the strength of the brand may lie in Mothercare, not because it is aimed at mothers, just that it is recognised as the place to go for baby stuff. That far outweighs the dissatisfaction with the inclusion of the word "mother" in the name. Not sure it is another example of the world gone mad?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Feminists. Bunch of *****.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
When will the feminists get their knickers in a twist about Mothercare?

Or, as that's named for women, that's fine?

Excellent point. One I’m glad to say I hadn’t thought of until now... but excellent point. Aren’t men genetically a bigger build than women anyway - so man sized is fine?!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Excellent point. One I’m glad to say I hadn’t thought of until now... but excellent point. Aren’t men genetically a bigger build than women anyway - so man sized is fine?!

Have you seen the size of the average feminist?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I object to Mothering Sunday .. let's call it .... Parenting Sunday then we could call Father's day .... Parenting day.
we would only need one then, think of the saved expense of duplicating cards, There that's just saved 50% of wasted paper and cardboard as well.

You do realise women are also campaigning to get rid of Father's Day? Apparently it's offensive and upsetting for women with no man to have to explain to their children why they have no father around!!

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Pretty certain feminists would agree with you on Mothercare, on the grounds that we shouldn't assume the main childcarer is always a woman. So you're feminists. Congratulations![/QUOTE

Can I assume you didn't carefully read my second paragraph?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
You do realise women are also campaigning to get rid of Father's Day? Apparently it's offensive and upsetting for women with no man to have to explain to their children why they have no father around!!

You do realise the word womxn should be spelt womxn now.......get with the programme :D

"The museum was promoting a four-day event called Daylighting, which featured women's writing, art and ideas. In a tweet, the museum said it was using the spelling womxn because "we feel that it is important to create a space/venue that includes diverse perspectives".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45810709

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here