Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Magnificent game in Houston tonight

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Isn't baseball all about getting drunk and eating hot-dogs?
I probably see about 3 or 4 Mets games during a season and that's a reasonably accurate description of what happens :) - although getting drunk at $11 or $12 a pint ain't easy - sometimes think that the baseball is incidental to the eating and gurning for the roving Fan cam. But do find a baseball match a very social, inclusive event. Also seen a few of the lower league games like the Brooklyn Cyclones at Coney Island - sometimes more fun than watching the MLB games. Nice seeing the Red Sox knocking the Yankees out recently

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
No and No, but the college boys in their robocop outfits wouldn’t survive a game of rugby without them.

I think you'll find that top level rugby players trying to make the switch the other way to the gridiron haven't fared very well at all over recent years....despite their "Robocop outfits" - so its a lot tougher than you think.

I've played both, and can honestly say that football is by far the hardest. Ending up in a neck-brace just wasn't the best way to prove it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Baseball to many Brits is like cricket to many Americans. The same uniformed comments rise up on both sides. Both games are full of nuances and tactical maneuvers which can fascinate those who truly understand it all. It took me a while to appreciate baseball, I never thought I would, but an evening at the ballpark is quite the event.

I must admit the more I've gone to America* the more I've got into baseball. Haven't been to a game but I quite enjoy watching it on TV. Can't stand basketball or ice hockey though, and yes I have tried. We discussed liking different sports on Easy 10's NBA thread a few days ago. I said on that thread that my favourite sport is American football, and I thought that was stupid until Channel 4 started covering it.

*As this version of NSC goes back to 2003 there are probably old posts on here from me slagging off baseball as 'boring'!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Just sat through the Houston astros vs the Red Sox and for those who know baseball...8-6 to RS. Bottom of the 9th..two already out, .three bases loaded.....pitcher twangs the ball and the astro batter smashes it....fantastic diving catch in the outfield

RS Win and go three to one returning home , best of seven.

Not been a fan but playoffs are brilliant..

Sorry but google translate doesn't help!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here