Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Isn't baseball all about getting drunk and eating hot-dogs?
    I probably see about 3 or 4 Mets games during a season and that's a reasonably accurate description of what happens - although getting drunk at $11 or $12 a pint ain't easy - sometimes think that the baseball is incidental to the eating and gurning for the roving Fan cam. But do find a baseball match a very social, inclusive event. Also seen a few of the lower league games like the Brooklyn Cyclones at Coney Island - sometimes more fun than watching the MLB games. Nice seeing the Red Sox knocking the Yankees out recently
    "It's all bullshit folks, and it's bad for you" George Carlin

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The oldest known computer

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Fignon's Ponytail View Post
      American Football a lightweight version of rugby? You ever been to a game or played it?? I can assure you its anything but.....

Brutal game.
      No and No, but the college boys in their robocop outfits wouldn’t survive a game of rugby without them.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Antikythera Mechanism View Post
      No and No, but the college boys in their robocop outfits wouldn’t survive a game of rugby without them.
      They most certainly would. I played both to a reasonable level. Only one of them broke my body and it’s not Rugby.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

Unused substitute REMF 5.

Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Antikythera Mechanism View Post
      I think you'll find that top level rugby players trying to make the switch the other way to the gridiron haven't fared very well at all over recent years....despite their "Robocop outfits" - so its a lot tougher than you think.

I've played both, and can honestly say that football is by far the hardest. Ending up in a neck-brace just wasn't the best way to prove it.
      "We are not footballers....we are cyclists."
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Miami Seagull View Post
      Baseball to many Brits is like cricket to many Americans. The same uniformed comments rise up on both sides. Both games are full of nuances and tactical maneuvers which can fascinate those who truly understand it all. It took me a while to appreciate baseball, I never thought I would, but an evening at the ballpark is quite the event.
      I must admit the more I've gone to America* the more I've got into baseball. Haven't been to a game but I quite enjoy watching it on TV. Can't stand basketball or ice hockey though, and yes I have tried. We discussed liking different sports on Easy 10's NBA thread a few days ago. I said on that thread that my favourite sport is American football, and I thought that was stupid until Channel 4 started covering it.

*As this version of NSC goes back to 2003 there are probably old posts on here from me slagging off baseball as 'boring'!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      Just sat through the Houston astros vs the Red Sox and for those who know baseball...8-6 to RS. Bottom of the 9th..two already out, .three bases loaded.....pitcher twangs the ball and the astro batter smashes it....fantastic diving catch in the outfield

RS Win and go three to one returning home , best of seven.

Not been a fan but playoffs are brilliant..
      Sorry but google translate doesn't help!
      My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.

My definition of a sad git is any Palarse fan who has posted more than 100 times on NSC.