Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking like a poor turnout at Newcastle

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
If we'd won an away game or two and put in a half decent performance in the last year I suspect we'd have taken a lot more - as it stands I don't think it's surprising we're not taking too many. We have been shocking for so long away, and we don't have a large number of fans based up north to make up the numbers unfortunately

This for me. If we even give it a go away & lose I would go, but travelling that far to sit back & hoping for a 1-0 win which won’t happen is a no for me

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Have not been. Would possibly go if it were April and were staying over a few days but a long way to go for a day. The seating put me off as well. Bottom line us being retired I can only afford so much so I am picking and choosing. same with Everton.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Newcastle away was the most horrendously dull game last season - Rafa and Chris appeared to have shaken on a draw prior to kick off.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Newcastle away was the most horrendously dull game last season - Rafa and Chris appeared to have shaken on a draw prior to kick off.

I've never been so frustrated with a lack of ambition. Towards the end Newcastle looked like they were there for the taking and we settled for the draw. Going again on Saturday and I am hoping we show a bit more ambition and belief.

el punal

It’s looking like it going to be a poor turnout at Newcastle this weekend.
It looks like we have sold less than 1500 tickets for the game.
Is this down to the fact that Newcastle is just
too far away or is it the wrong time of the month.(financially)
Is our poor away form a factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done Newcastle (away) two years running now. Time for a rest. Having said that, I love the place, the locals are really friendly, their fans love Chris Hughton and it’s my favourite away day of all. Hope we both stay up at the end of the season so I can go again next year. :albion2:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I’ve done Newcastle (away) two years running now. Time for a rest. Having said that, I love the place, the locals are really friendly, their fans love Chris Hughton and it’s my favourite away day of all. Hope we both stay up at the end of the season so I can go again next year. :albion2:

Is it really? Moose on TalkSport said they only get 50,000 because there’s absolutely nothing else to do there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Very jealous, beats sitting in the M25 car park!

Might have to do that anyway getting to Heathrow on a Friday................

Hopefully OK - I'm lucky to pick up a few airmiles through work trips (plus using my Amex card), and taking a domestic flight uses hardly any of them (when I looked the cash price of the flight to Newcastle was about £300 so I wouldn't have taken that option - and probably not gone as a result) so it's makes the trip doable for me and junior - done it a couple of times before, think Leeds away was the last one a couple of seasons ago. Just wish there were Gatwick options I could get on the cheap instead, particularly for all the Liverpool/Manchester games as I'm with you in the traffic for those.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I honestly have higher hopes for this game than last year, given the state of play with injuries, propper, bong, gross and Stephens only just back training ect. I think that chris could be forced into trying something a little different if he is unable to go with the tried and tested (and failed) lineup away from home.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Might have to do that anyway getting to Heathrow on a Friday................

Hopefully OK - I'm lucky to pick up a few airmiles through work trips (plus using my Amex card), and taking a domestic flight uses hardly any of them (when I looked the cash price of the flight to Newcastle was about £300 so I wouldn't have taken that option - and probably not gone as a result) so it's makes the trip doable for me and junior - done it a couple of times before, think Leeds away was the last one a couple of seasons ago. Just wish there were Gatwick options I could get on the cheap instead, particularly for all the Liverpool/Manchester games as I'm with you in the traffic for those.

For us personally, it's not always possible to go to games, due to my shift pattern that doesn't coincide with Albion's fixture list, especially at home.
My wife's treated us to the Wolves game, plus special parking on the M25 when returning.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I’ve never been to Everton - I’ve seen the pics - but at least fans are close. The thing that makes Newcastle so crap is the distance and height from the pitch. You can’t see who the players are, and there’s no atmosphere up there - it’s almost like that bunch of England fans on the hill outside the stadium in Croatia the other night. I’ve been to places where the away fans are stuck on open terraces towards one corner, like Darlington and York City, with only a couple of hundred away fans, but that was much more enjoyable.

Being closer to the pitch at Everton is no consolation. The away end is a shithole. Built on railway sleepers, with old fashioned, cramped seats and pillars to block your view. Last season, I could only see one goal. The concourse ( lol ) is terrible. Truly the worst in the PL.
I am only too happy to give this one a swerve, this season. Worst experience for a very long time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Just playing devils advocate here but our last away game was at Man City & we sold the away end out.As much as I now have a
Renewed respect for City having shared a few beers with their fans who were very respectful to us & very mindful of where they have come from.
Surely the Newcastle game is a bigger game.If we can get a win or at least avoid defeat against them then that will really be a feather in our cap in our quest to stay up this season.

Think a number missed City away last season ( midweek ) and were more determined to go this time around ( me included )
Its not so much the stature of the game at Newcastle, its what is likely to be served up. Both managers will know its a ' must not lose ' and a repeat of ;last season's tepid stalemate is definitely on the cards. Going all that way for a long distance view and a borefest doesn't exactly fill one with enthusiasm.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well the Sports Direct Arena is always one I've wanted to cross off my list, so I'm thoroughly looking forward to it this weekend with the missus, even if we are up in the gods. Driving up, couple of nights stay in the toon, a nice little autumn adventure.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I can remember going to Boro in early December not so long ago & there being 1000.That was during our tippy tappy days under Poyet.
I’m not criticizing our support but just trying to figure out weather this is a one off or are we now seeing a true reflection of where we are as a premier league club.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather looks good in Newcastle on saturday !

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
My decision to give it a swerve is based on:

1) bus replacement Brighton to Burgess Hill (a nightmare at the end of a long day)
2) we've lost every away Prem game I've been to (I reckon I am the jinx)
3) I don't have a magic money tree

Respect to the 1,500 who make it and I hope you have a lot to cheer about...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here