Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking like a poor turnout at Newcastle

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
How much has it cost you to get too & from Heathrow & a night in Newcastle on top of the £35

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dunno.......not much as free hotel in Toon (more loyalty points), parking at heathrow about £40 for 2 days. Free lunch and drinks (airport lounge) en route. Excluding match tickets and a meal or two up there probably about £120 for 2 of us (basically all travel costs), but avoids 10 hours+ driving (and not far off that much on petrol probably)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think 1400 or so is a good effort. We used to take a lot less up north and we’ve played them loads recently.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
My last 6 away games have all ended in 2-0 defeats.

Not been to Newcastle since the olden days and, much though I like the place & we often do well, can't afford the time or the money for what I am reliable informed is a pretty crap view.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Just playing devils advocate here but our last away game was at Man City & we sold the away end out.As much as I now have a
Renewed respect for City having shared a few beers with their fans who were very respectful to us & very mindful of where they have come from.
Surely the Newcastle game is a bigger game.If we can get a win or at least avoid defeat against them then that will really be a feather in our cap in our quest to stay up this season.

manintheblackpajamas

Oct 30, 2006
It really is an enormous distance to travel for a football match. Anything close to 1500 seems pretty decent to me.
The view is terrible and you have to climb a seemingly endless staircase just to reach the concourse, before more steps to your seat. Of course absolutely all of that is forgotten if you win, but not everyone wants to take that gamble.

I'm going for the second season running but both times have ben vaguely tied in with work and I'm not sure I'd be making the trip twice otherwise. Whilst last year was a valuable point in hindsight, football was certainly not the winner that day. Mind you, I enjoyed it more than Everton and West Brom, possibly due to the free beer and "meat" pie.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
My last 6 away games have all ended in 2-0 defeats.

Not been to Newcastle since the olden days and, much though I like the place & we often do well, can't afford the time or the money for what I am reliable informed is a pretty crap view.

I’m not sure if that was 3 reasons not to go or 3 excuses not to go.

I remember last season going to West Ham having not scored an away goal.Thinking don’t bother its a Friday night it’s a nightmare to get to & it’s on TV.
Boy am I glad I went.

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Going up Friday and staying couple of nights as didn't fancy the hassle of rail replacement buses.
Train £140 hotel £150 ticket £30 food and drink at least another £100.
After last years dire 0-0 and our current away form I'd be happy to see a shot on target [emoji23]

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Flying up from Bristol sat morning and fly back Sunday afternoon
£80.00 return.
Went last year and love the place and if we score or get a point it's a bonus.
I also done Boro in the league cup on a wednesday night about 15 years ago and about 300 of us up there that night

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Given the distance and cost of public transport in the UK an away audience of 1,300 is not to be sniffed at, and I know our boys there will be loud and proud as ever.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did you miss Everton?!

I’ve never been to Everton - I’ve seen the pics - but at least fans are close. The thing that makes Newcastle so crap is the distance and height from the pitch. You can’t see who the players are, and there’s no atmosphere up there - it’s almost like that bunch of England fans on the hill outside the stadium in Croatia the other night. I’ve been to places where the away fans are stuck on open terraces towards one corner, like Darlington and York City, with only a couple of hundred away fans, but that was much more enjoyable.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
It's also the first weekend of half term so there'll be families going away which must account for some people not being able to make it.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Been the last 2 seasons in a row and too far to go for 3rd year on the trot, I am sure there are many others who feel similar.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Away days used to be quite spontaneous back in the day with my lot and I think many others. Friday night in the boozer a few pints later and it was **** it let’s go to wherever tomorrow. They always seemed to be the better days out to when nothing was planned weeks in advance.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
i think 1500 is a very good.

Indeed, its a very long trip. Credit to those going, decent turnout

Must admit, one away day up there didn't really make me want to return. Its really not a great away day so far from the pitch, something small minded about the North East putting away supporters in the heavens.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
If the powers that be stopped pandering to Newcastle and forced them to implement the away fan pitchside rule they themselves enforced to every other club , then that may have had some effect on going to this one for me , i honestly struggled to see who had the ball we were so far up and away in the clouds , i'm not wasting my money on going to Newcastle for basically a night out .

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If we don't win on Saturday, it will be one day short of a full calendar year since our last away win....................................

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here