Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

West Ham coach suspended in Another attack on free speech

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Spinal Tap also got an album review that reads thus 'This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.'

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
"Suspended pending an investigation" doesn't imply guilt or that he will be sacked, merely that the club will be looking into it. The FLA are merely a new version of the EDL from what I can tell though.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Or just a case of West Ham not wanting to employ an Islamophobe to coach one of their youth teams?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I must admit, I don't understand why football clubs feel the need to do this. These "football lads" certainly embarrass themselves but I don't see why they should be persecuted for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone see,s to be missing the important issue thrown up by this thread.

Why is the A in another capitalised?

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
You may not like it but it's not an attack on free speech

He has the freedom to say what he wants. West Ham have the freedom to decide who they want in their employ.

Freedom of speech means you are free to say what you want (as long as you don't break the law, which he clearly did not) but it does not mean you are entitled to be 'free' from any commercial or personal consequences of saying something.

Personally my opinion is that he deserved to be sacked. Both for being involved in the first place and then for being so incredibly STUPID as to tweet about it.

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
I must admit, I don't understand why football clubs feel the need to do this. These "football lads" certainly embarrass themselves but I don't see why they should be persecuted for it.

I think football is still a bit 'careful' of these things. There is the soul-searching about why there are so few black managers and British Asian players, and it isn't that long since the term 'England football fan' was synonymous with 'right wing thug' (although I appreciate you have to be really set in your ways to think that, the recent events in Spain notwithstanding). I think the WHU guy has been thrown under the bus a bit, but to an extent I can understand why.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patreon
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Spinal Tap also got an album review that reads thus 'This tasteless cover is a good indication of the lack of musical invention within. The musical growth of this band cannot even be charted. They are treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.'

Yeah, but that's just nit-picking, isn't it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here