Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-matt-hancock-mp-lowering-of-retirement-age-for-front-line-

0 Not allowed!
    Not sure why the Ambulance service should be treated differently to the Police or Fire. I know itís unlikely to make any difference, but feel free to add to the growing petition.
    https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-matt...-from-67-to-60

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Quinney; 17-10-2018 at 09:02.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      It should be lowered for everybody!

I'm not saying forced retirement at 60 but everybody should be given the choice either to retire and take state pension at 60 or carry on working and get a slightly better state pension at retirement with a supplement for every year past 60.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure why the Ambulance service should be treated differently to the Police or Fire. I know it’s unlikely to make any difference, but feel free to add to the growing petition.
      https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-matt...-from-67-to-60

Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post

I'm not saying forced retirement at 60 but everybody should be given the choice either to retire and take state pension at 60 or carry on working and get a slightly better state pension at retirement with a supplement for every year past 60.
      So why should people who make a CHOICE about their career path be treated better than others? Although reduced, their pensions are are better than the private sector, and who pays for it, those working until 70? Idealistic claptrap.
      Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post

thats fine if you want the state pension to half. as it is, the age needs to rise to make current rates affordable, as we live longer and spend more years receiving pensions.

as to the petition, doesnt really make any case why Ambulance staff should be treated differently to others in health service, who also work shifts etc.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by wellquickwoody View Post
      So why should people who make a CHOICE about their career path be treated better than others? Although reduced, their pensions are are better than the private sector, and who pays for it, those working until 70? Idealistic claptrap.
      Yes itís a career path and one that I enjoy.

Thereís a reason why the Police and Fire can retire at 60 and its largely due to the physical and mental demands of the job that they do. The ambulance service see and deal with the same incidents (and more) as those mentioned so why are we treated differently?

Officially the ambulance service is classed as an essential service and not an emergency service (Police and Fire), next time Iím on the way to a cardiac arrest Iíll remind myself of that.

I seriously doubt if anybody will be able to continue until they are 67 years old doing front line ambulance work.

From a simple physical point of view itís not feasible, let alone the mental side. We regularly have to carry 18 stone plus patients, Iím not sure theyíd be to confident with 67 year olds with dodgy backs and knees lugging them down flights of stairs.

9 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      thats fine if you want the state pension to half. as it is, the age needs to rise to make current rates affordable, as we live longer and spend more years receiving pensions.

as to the petition, doesnt really make any case why Ambulance staff should be treated differently to others in health service, who also work shifts etc.
      If only we could encourage younger people to come into the country. Skilled workers who could pay taxes here and so help pay for the care and pensions that older people will require.

I wish there was a way, but a simply can't think of one.

Either that wallpaper goes or I do
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
      If only we could encourage younger people to come into the country. Skilled workers who could pay taxes here and so help pay for the care and pensions that older people will require.

I wish there was a way, but a simply can't think of one.

agree, we should welcome those that want to come here to work.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      I know three firemen who have been laid off on what I believe are decent pensions due to bad backs at quite a young age, late 30ís early 40ís. I saw one, an ex neighbour of mine, lifting a Mini Metro by hand to let his son put in axle stands. He LOVED early retirement
      Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser - Toto Wolff

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      agree, we should welcome those that want to come here to work.
      What if there was a system whereby neighbouring countries could allow for the freedom of labour so that young people could come and work here, and if they really liked it maybe have kids, settle and become British citizens. Mind you, they'd have to have proof that they have a job to go to.
      Either that wallpaper goes or I do
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Lowering the retirement age for the public sector is a pipe dream, government debt is still soaring and every year the bill for interest is put on the debt pile

Should consider themselves lucky they are not a money purchase scheme like the rest of the population.
      Brexit is like trying to remove the egg from an omelette. Updated 2018