Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Nokia 3.1 phone

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Anyone got one?

I know its no iPhone but I need a budget phone for my daughter that will do some basic smart stuff and this one looks to fit the bill.
I've seen it for £109 + a SIM only at £15 per month that provides free calls & texts and 1GB data = ideal.

So, if you've got one of these phones, please could you drop a few comments / recommendations / avoid / experience / etc.
I've looked at online reviews but these have been written by power-users and naturally this phone does not compete on that level.
I always though Nokia, as a brand in this market, was solid ...

Thanks in anticipation

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Anyone got one?

I know its no iPhone but I need a budget phone for my daughter that will do some basic smart stuff and this one looks to fit the bill.
I've seen it for £109 + a SIM only at £15 per month that provides free calls & texts and 1GB data = ideal.

So, if you've got one of these phones, please could you drop a few comments / recommendations / avoid / experience / etc.
I've looked at online reviews but these have been written by power-users and naturally this phone does not compete on that level.
I always though Nokia, as a brand in this market, was solid ...

Thanks in anticipation

£15 for 1gb is rather expensive these days

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It doesn't tare too much effort to find a much better deal, uswitch, moneysupermarket to mention but 2 comparison sites

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I know it pushes your budget out quite a bit but an iPhone SE is under £250 at Argos and, as others have said, stick a GiffGaff sim in it.
Your daughter will love you more for it.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Motorola G6 looks like a decent budget phone. You can buy it unlocked for less than £200, and then stick in any PAYG or contract someone you want, probably for less than £15pm depending on usage requirements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here