Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 95
  1. #31

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    and we're back to healthcare crisis.
    We’re not back, we’ve never left.

    Sadly it’s over politicised now, you could double the NHS budget and there would still be a crisis.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      51,874


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      We’re not back, we’ve never left.

      Sadly it’s over politicised now, you could double the NHS budget and there would still be a crisis.
      You're making judgements based on the wrong measurements. You therefore really don't have anything to say on the subject.

      So why bother saying it?
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #33

      4 Not allowed!
      This thread has very quickly disintegrated into about everything that is wrong with NSC nowadays.

      Another vote for the NHS being absolutely excellent. No political commentary required.
      Well the thirty minutes are almost up Swindon fans but your not there yet. in it goes (yyyyyyeeeessssssss) ooohhh its gone in, Brighton in added on time have snatched a goal through Virgo!!! Incredible!! Once again there is late, late, late drama in the playoffs!!

      Unused substitute REMF 5.

      Proud owner of Hendersons Gloves from 18/10/2005. Crystal Palace 0-1 Brighton And Hove Albion
    • #34
      Who's Next? The Large One's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      97.2FM
      Posts
      51,874


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Try playing the ball instead of the man.
      Said the appalling hypocrite, unaware he's done just that.

      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Maybe there are lessons that the NHS could learn from these countries instead of being venerated with pointless cliches and Pavlovian platiude bollox.......
      There are always lessons every health system could learn from others. But this wasn't the point being made - except by you and your pointless, self-important agenda.

      Meanwhile, back in the real world, people on here are grateful for what the NHS has done for them, and the best you can do is criticise those people for thanking them with some 'Pavlovian Platitude Bollocks'. Who the f*ck gave you the right to do that?

      And you grizzle about playing the ball not the man? You charm-free clattering shitpan.
      The Albion Roar on Twitter
      New radio show on Radio Reverb 97.2FM - 'Move On Up'. Mod, soul, ska, Northern, jazz. Every other Saturday at 7pm
    • #35

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Large One View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Said the appalling hypocrite, unaware he's done just that.



      There are always lessons every health system could learn from others. But this wasn't the point being made - except by you and your pointless, self-important agenda.

      Meanwhile, back in the real world, people on here are grateful for what the NHS has done for them, and the best you can do is criticise those people for thanking them with some 'Pavlovian Platitude Bollocks'. Who the f*ck gave you the right to do that?

      And you grizzle about playing the ball not the man? You charm-free clattering shitpan.


      Ha, what a wet quilt you are.

      I did not provoke the personal attack on me unless you think that we HAVE to say the NHS is amazing, ignoring its £65bn liability to claims for clinical negligence and that it’s ranks 30th in the world from an independent report. There are plenty of other examples why it’s not amazing....

      https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/66...ff-from-abroad

      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-37682249

      https://www.theguardian.com/society/...-investigation

      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...e-Pathway.html

      https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42976111

      https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/hea...l-scandal.html

      https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-inquiry-hears

      Of course, individual cases of amazing healthcare exist that is undeniable, but in my view the NHS is not a sacred cow. Pouring money into it will not resolve its structural problems, nor will perpetuating the myth that all it’s workers are alutristic super heroes. There are thousands working in the NHS that are taking the piss, such as those that retire, draw their NHS pension then rejoin on the same terms as when they left, a scandal exisiting in many parts of public service frankly.
    • #36
      The oldest known computer
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Ash Green - Surrey / Hampshire Borders
      Posts
      5,712


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In global healthcare the U.K. isn’t even in the playoffs to the Premiership........#justsayin.

      https://www.independent.co.uk/news/h...-a7744131.html
      Personal experience counts for far more than “surveys”
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Dec 2003
      Location
      Worcester England
      Posts
      7,644


      4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cunning fergus View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It’s not my analysis, it was in the Lancet so hardly a biased report.

      Try playing the ball instead of the man.

      If I did take your advice and move abroad, how many of the countries with better healthcare ratings would allow me to use their healthcare systems on the basis of being free at the point if use?

      How many of the countries require foreigners seeking to settle there to have healthcare insurance in place for a prescribed period of time so taxpayers were not burdened with their healthcare costs?

      Maybe there are lessons that the NHS could learn from these countries instead of being venerated with pointless cliches and Pavlovian platiude bollox.......
      Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 149
Size:  116.8 KB

      Go read the report, and pick which bits should be sensationalised to make it sound like a story

      I know, I will pick bits out of the same report to counter act

      Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 149
Size:  116.8 KB

      And dont say its not your analysis because it is. You stated that we dont even make the premier league play offs.. Thats you analysing the report wrongly to fit your argument, 30th out of nearly 200 would be the premiership. And thats just on the bits that this report is measuring.

      "The Healthcare Access and Quality Index, based on death rates for 32 diseases that can be avoided or effectively treated with proper medical care, also tracked progress in each nation compared to the benchmark year of 1990"
      This is NOT a measure of the NHS. Its a measure of a measure of one of the amazing things that the NHS does. The UK didnt perform as well as expected. Of course there is room for improvement. One of the areas I know the NHS is AMAZING is in cancer treatment, which is one of the areas identified for this improvement

      From the same report I will draw my same wrong conclusion by stating that we are world champions, and it was the Lancet so therefore it cant be biased.

      Oh you can come counter with 4 out of 5 people with the "independent" poll that state that the NHS is in bad state. I'll through in that 95% of people think that the NHS is amazing. I'm just placing that on a guestimate so far of people that have replied on this thread. It might not be accurate but it will do for my purposes

      The OP clearly isnt someone that goes to the doctor very much, and his experience, potentially life threatening of a same day fix, from the NHS. Well dress it up how you like. Thats amazing

      Come back and we'll through some more random stats at each other to counteract and back up what we think.

      You'll lose
    • #38
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2007
      Location
      Shoreham
      Posts
      1,500


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm lucky in that I haven't had to see the doctor much in my life time so far.

      However last week I got a horsefly bite on my leg. Yesterday I noticed the area going red, thought little of it... but today it had spread all the way down my shin, with dark red patches... all rather worrying, it doesn't look healthy at all.

      So I called the doctor, and I was impressed to be able to get an appointment this evening, no problem. So I arrived 5 minutes early, and was called up bang on time. NO waiting time.

      So it turns out I have a bacterial infection called cellulitis that was rapidly spreading, and it can ultimately become septis (the condition formerly known as septicemia) if left for too long. I start my round of antibiotics this evening.

      Of course this is a fairly insignificant interaction with the NHS, but I could not believe how efficient the service was. We are so very lucky to have a free health service like this.
      You did well to get it treated early. I had a similar problem August Bank Holiday weekend 2016 and my wife made me go to A & E and I had to have the drip treatment every day for a week and was off work for two. My leg was red from foot to knee and if you touched it was really warm.
    • #39
      Members
      Join Date
      Mar 2010
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      18,112


      1 Not allowed!
      I've been watching Breaking Bad again, and reminded how the US insurance based healthcare system was so integral to the story. Firstly White's cancer treatment not being covered by his insurance steers him to producing meth, then later in the series Hank being shot multiple times is also not fully covered by his insurance, or not for the treatment Marie wants for him, and so Skylar embraces Walt's activities to enable them to give the money to Marie.

      Life and death determined by a detailed reading of your insurance terms is really not a place I'd like to be. The ideological principle of universal healthcare for all, a national health service is one of our greatest political achievements.
    • #40
      Members Quinney's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Hastings
      Posts
      2,710


      0 Not allowed!
      https://www.change.org/p/rt-hon-matt...term=triggered


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •