Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] FAO old farts ony - shooting sticks

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
As the RSM used to say,'if you want to sit on parade,stick a broom up your ass and sweep up behind you!'

theboybilly

The comment about away games was meant as a joke! I haven't been to an away game for a couple of years but shirley you can sit down in your seat at half time or if you need a break?

You certainlnly haven't been to any away games recently have you...many on here would have old codgers like me banished to the front row at every game. Stuff that! Why should I have possibly the worst possible view when I pay the same price for my ticket. I'm certainly not alone in being unable (for various reasons) to stand for 90 minutes. I already pay a premium for my seat at the Amex without being dictated to at away fixtures and in addition many people, for whatever reason, take seats in the front few rows and insist on standing.
In answer to your question I need a break from standing after about 15 minutes as it gets too painful, and I wouldn't get much of a view of the action sat down behind a row of standing supporters. Unfortunately we have many unsympathetic fans at away games (that's putting it politely) so I go out of my way to find a solution that not only works for me but doesn't trouble anybody else. Sorry if I didn't get your 'joke'.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You certainlnly haven't been to any away games recently have you...many on here would have old codgers like me banished to the front row at every game. Stuff that! Why should I have possibly the worst possible view when I pay the same price for my ticket. I'm certainly not alone in being unable (for various reasons) to stand for 90 minutes. I already pay a premium for my seat at the Amex without being dictated to at away fixtures and in addition many people, for whatever reason, take seats in the front few rows and insist on standing.
In answer to your question I need a break from standing after about 15 minutes as it gets too painful, and I wouldn't get much of a view of the action sat down behind a row of standing supporters. Unfortunately we have many unsympathetic fans at away games (that's putting it politely) so I go out of my way to find a solution that not only works for me but doesn't trouble anybody else. Sorry if I didn't get your 'joke'.

I contact our disablities person and get a front row seat. I know it doesn't suit everyone, but that's the only way I can go to away games now.

theboybilly

I contact our disablities person and get a front row seat. I know it doesn't suit everyone, but that's the only way I can go to away games now.

I can understand this and can see why many do so. But it's not for me. As I said I work around it or get help from the (usually) helpful stewards. It is mainly a Premier League problem for me as I could normally muddle through quite nicely in the Championship. I have arthritis in both knees and sometimes it can be a real issue.I don't really know how much longer I can put up with the hassle of some away games as grounds largely are not user-friendly for folk with mobility issues and I understand that there is only so much that can be done - especially for away fans. Thank goodness for the lifts at St.James' Park tomorrow :smile:

D

Deleted member 2719

My stick is still shooting and long may it continue.:guns:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here