Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm sure NBA can have excitement, but you'll never really get the last gasp goal-crowd goes mental-falling over each other excitement that you do with football.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I'm sure NBA can have excitement, but you'll never really get the last gasp goal-crowd goes mental-falling over each other excitement that you do with football.
As a basketball fan, there are loads of highlights. Most quarters will have a play you want to watch a replay of. I could watch LeBron James perfect basketball over and over again.

Football has highlights of missed shots.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

I am not sure if you are being factitious there and I don't fancy a whoosh.
But go on you tube and search NBA last second buzzer busters, basketball is littered with them.
I don't care, each to there own, I like basketball and I cannot stand baseball, but for sure there are lots of people on here who hate basketball but quite clearly know absolutely nothing about the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
More Americanized shite and that brings more drama....So sad that this once great place is awash with gullible people that are drawn into anything the media pump up !!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So its finally happened.

Sky Sports have bought the rights to the NBA. The singlemost boring, INSUFFERABLE sport on the planet is now going to be polluting our pub screens and living rooms from Wednesday onwards. OK, I appreciate I can largely avoid this new netball channel, but you just know that from now on, SSN (which I do watch quite a bit), will be absolutely FESTOONED with highly tedious multiple updates, highlights and roundups showing us a load of 7 foot freaks jogging back and forth, nonchalantly plopping a ball into a net, for teams I have never heard of, playing a game that nobody likes, in front of an entirely indifferent and nonplussed UK audience. ANY sport that ends up with a score of 110-116 because its such a piece of PISS to score in, is by definition simply not worth watching. You might as well televise shooting fish in a barrel. I would rather spend my night watching a pan of boiled broccoli than waste it by subjecting myself to this fingers-down-the-chalkboard excruciatingly dull squeekball-fest.

Hey Sky - instead of MLS, Eredivisie and (god help us) NBA, how about getting a bit of Champions League or FA Cup football back, instead of throwing this complete and utter DRECK at us.

Sake.
34 thumbs up for that effort. Wow.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
34 thumbs up for that effort. Wow.

Thank you sir. I stand by every word.

The very fact that you can get discounted NBA subscriptions that just show the final quarter of the match speaks volumes. Its borderline OFFENSIVE that this utter shite is allowed in our living rooms.

When I come to power, I'm going to have this "activity" abolished forever. End of.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
And yet you like baseball, which is boring crap.
It's about giving sports lovers the choice to watch the sports they like.
If you don't like it don't watch it.
I would have thought Palace fans would love to save money by being able to watch only the FIRST 15 minutes of their games to see if they are any good that week, with the option to watch the rest of the match if they look like they may score.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Having been to an NBA game, those lanky freaks get in the way of a good evening. I went to Memphis against NY Jets (I think). Three hours of hot dogs, Pepsi, pop corn, canons, parachutes, kiss cam, Mastercard seat upgrades, explosions, more popcorn , free t shirts, even more free t shirts, sponsorships (boy do they do sponsorship) and beer.

Memphis Grizzlies vs Brooklyn Nets

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
It's all over Sky Sports News now with the presenters not even making an effort to get excited about it. Highlights being, tall man runs up to basket and puts ball in it, or doesn't. Repeat. Final score 96-92. What utter shite.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It's all over Sky Sports News now with the presenters not even making an effort to get excited about it. Highlights being, tall man runs up to basket and puts ball in it, or doesn't. Repeat. Final score 96-92. What utter shite.

You are just making this up, there hasn't been a 96-92 final in the NBA this season

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Thank you sir. I stand by every word.

The very fact that you can get discounted NBA subscriptions that just show the final quarter of the match speaks volumes. Its borderline OFFENSIVE that this utter shite is allowed in our living rooms.

When I come to power, I'm going to have this "activity" abolished forever. End of.
We've got fans who pay to miss the final 15 minutes

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here