Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] NBA - oh god no...

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
[emoji38]ol: the hatred for basketball is strong. I'd like to know how many of those that detest it have actually watched a full game.
I think you'll find it is the same 10 or so people writing basically the same thing over and over.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Could be worse, could be NFL.

boik

I can understand wanting to play it. I've played it plenty and enjoyed it. Watching it however, is a different matter.

I kept getting picked to play at school because I was tall. Absolutely hated it. Everything you instinctively tried to do resulted in the whistle being blown. The problem seemed to be that there were hardly any legitimate ways of winning the ball back from the opposition, hence the "your turn" "our turn" nature of the sport. Once you've got the ball you tend to keep it until you take a shot, and then the other team just get given it. Not for me Clive.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
I kept getting picked to play at school because I was tall. Absolutely hated it. Everything you instinctively tried to do resulted in the whistle being blown. The problem seemed to be that there were hardly any legitimate ways of winning the ball back from the opposition, hence the "your turn" "our turn" nature of the sport. Once you've got the ball you tend to keep it until you take a shot, and then the other team just get given it. Not for me Clive.
You got picked when you can't defend or rebound?

How bad was your school team!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
:lolol: the hatred for basketball is strong. I'd like to know how many of those that detest it have actually watched a full game.

They may have watched a full game but I bet they did not have a clue about the rules, fouls, or anything that was going on.
I fully understand snooker, test cricket and baseball but I cannot watch more than 10 minutes of them because it's chuffing boring.
I also watch and fully understand basketball and it's a far more entertaining than those 3 and many other sports.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I always assumed I didn't like basketball based on not very much. For some reason, I ended up watching the whole of the New York - Washington game in London the other night on TV. Thought it was quality and really easy to get into. I'll definitely tune into the odd game on Sky, especially once the NFL season is over and I actually have a bit of spare watching time in the evenings.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
:lolol: the hatred for basketball is strong. I'd like to know how many of those that detest it have actually watched a full game.

I have, and it was enjoyable enough for 5 minutes.

The final quarter was a joke - teams/Players started fouling out and took forever to finish.

PoG

Oct 29, 2013
I always assumed I didn't like basketball based on not very much. For some reason, I ended up watching the whole of the New York - Washington game in London the other night on TV. Thought it was quality and really easy to get into. I'll definitely tune into the odd game on Sky, especially once the NFL season is over and I actually have a bit of spare watching time in the evenings.

Wow, a reasonable opinion after actually watching a game.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I'm amazed that they can throw a big ball in a small hoop from distance consistently. I have tied it an its not easy, though being 7ft tall does give you an advantage.

Silly game if little guys are at a huge disadvantage.

el punal

Having been to an NBA game, those lanky freaks get in the way of a good evening. I went to Memphis against NY Jets (I think). Three hours of hot dogs, Pepsi, pop corn, canons, parachutes, kiss cam, Mastercard seat upgrades, explosions, more popcorn , free t shirts, even more free t shirts, sponsorships (boy do they do sponsorship) and beer.

Please, just to put my mind at rest, the explosions you speak of were not of the anal kind due to the three hours of hotdogs, Pepsi and pop corn? :eek:

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
7 foot tall seems to be a common comment.

There are 45 players that played in the NBA this year that are 7'0 or taller, and 514 players have played minutes

So just under 10%.

Average height 6'7.

Just helping out with the education of basketball.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Played it at school and therefore went to watch Worthing Bears a couple of times at Durrington Leisure Centre. It was immensely dull and twice was enough, and that was for a local team that was doing well at the time. Why I'd want to transport that boredom to watching a couple of teams of giants from Shitkicker Alabama on the telly I've no idea.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Played it at school and therefore went to watch Worthing Bears a couple of times at Durrington Leisure Centre. It was immensely dull and twice was enough, and that was for a local team that was doing well at the time. Why I'd want to transport that boredom to watching a couple of teams of giants from Shitkicker Alabama on the telly I've no idea.
I'll agree with you there. Worthing Bears are dull/garbage, as is the whole set up there.

Then again it's about the same level as the 3rd tier in Australian football.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
You're on a footy forum arguing that basketball is better than football. None of us care, go and join a basketball forum.

He didn’t say basketball was better than football. :shrug:

He said football doesn’t have a monopoly on last minute, heart in your mouth drama which is... true and not really controversial

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here