Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A national team to be PROUD of...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looked more like a piece of advice to stop saying stupid things that make one looking like a moron to me

Well said -he clearly feels he can be abusive then cry ‘threats’ when he gets rightfully called out. No apology from him so he can go on my ignore list which is a rarity for Albion fans, even JCLs like him. :lol:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Patronising? Maybe get a dictionary poppet. And I would reel off any silly posts you’ve made if I could so much as remember who you are or what you’ve ever contributed to nsc. Ah 2014 join date - I guess that makes sense with your attitude to jumping bandwagons. Sweet dreams, not wasting anymore time on your childish name calling - feel free to apologise tomorrow little man. :wave:

I understand what patronising means, assuming I don’t is patronising in itself, is it not?

For what it’s worth, I opened the thread assuming there was some good news story I’d missed. Maybe the England team decided to all chip in to pay for the flights of any fans who travelled to Croatia. It might not have even been about the men’s senior football team. So that answers the “why open it if you didn’t care” part of the post you added in after I’d replied to you. FWIW I probably wouldn’t have been on the front foot so much if it had been there from the start) as I would have understood why you were getting so precious from the start.

What annoyed me is your pathetic assumption that because I’m not a die hard England fan that I’m somehow a glory hunter. I’m a 3rd generation Brighton fan, born in ‘94 but was taken to the Goldstone, taken to games at Preistfield and when given the option of a Brighton or Chelsea ST at age 6 I picked Brighton. First away game shortly after and I’ve never looked back.. However if how much of a Brighton fan you are boils down to when you signed up for NSC then my first account was back in 2008. We would have made Mickey Adams in charge for his second stint and were hovering around the L1 relegation zone. I sure chose a great time to jump on a bandwagon there, didn’t I :rolleyes:

My family aren’t all English so is it really a surprise that I’m not as much of an England fan as you? No, not really. Is it a surprise however that a summer of long, hot days and boozy evenings watching England with my mates got me back in to international football? No, not really. I never claimed to be a fan, even when the WC was on. However it might have been a springboard for me caring more about the national team if they hadn’t then decided to close those games off on a TV channel I don’t have.

But anyway, like you I can’t be arsed with this anymore. As I said I find it odd that you’re trying to take the high-ground when it comes to embarrassing name calling when less than a month ago you were calling other Brighton fans c*nts and offering people out. :shrug:

Was I a bit pissed and OTT? Yeah, probably. But yet again I don’t think you’re particularly in a position to pass judgement on that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Looked more like a piece of advice to stop saying stupid things that make one looking like a moron to me

I assume you threatening to bounce my head off the pavement was also a piece of well meaning advice to.

Offering people out on the Internet, a sure fire sign of a real winner in life.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I assume you threatening to bounce my head off the pavement was also a piece of well meaning advice to.

Tongue firmly in cheek with a lot of what I say on here but easy to misread I guess. To result to telling me ‘Oh give your head a wobble and f*ck off you absolute clown.‘ and stick something up my arse is poor - especially when I just asked you to remove the negativity. The JCL thing is clearly a joke assumption. But yeh, I did make a tit of myself in my pissed up passion on here but apologised to all the next day and it’s been forgotten.. well I thought it had! Passions run high on here as football does that to people and I’ll always wear my heart on my sleeve - I never mean to offend, but you were out of order last night.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Tongue firmly in cheek with a lot of what I say on here but easy to misread I guess. To result to telling me ‘Oh give your head a wobble and f*ck off you absolute clown.‘ and stick something up my arse is poor - especially when I just asked you to remove the negativity. The JCL thing is clearly a joke assumption. But yeh, I did make a tit of myself in my pissed up passion on here but apologised to all the next day and it’s been forgotten.. well I thought it had! Passions run high on here as football does that to people and I’ll always wear my heart on my sleeve - I never mean to offend, but you were out of order last night.

As I said, the bit about negativey wasn’t there when I quoted it, if it was I’d have handled the situation differently.

The JCL stuff, which is one of the few things that f*cks me off. I had a season ticket for a big club offered to me and stuck with watching us in what was then division 3 and years of “why support Brighton they’re shit at school.” Add in to that the last posts I saw of you being your meltdown the other day and I guess it was just a perfect storm of things to push my buttons. Like you I wear my heart on my sleeve and that comes across on here, mainly with me being a big negative aggressive c*nt, but that’s because I’m a big negative aggressive c*nt in real life too.

I felt my reply was justified at the time, but yeah, maybe it wasn’t. Sorry for flying off the handle, I crossed the line.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
As I said, the bit about negativey wasn’t there when I quoted it, if it was I’d have handled the situation differently.

The JCL stuff, which is one of the few things that f*cks me off. I had a season ticket for a big club offered to me and stuck with watching us in what was then division 3 and years of “why support Brighton they’re shit at school.” Add in to that the last posts I saw of you being your meltdown the other day and I guess it was just a perfect storm of things to push my buttons. Like you I wear my heart on my sleeve and that comes across on here, mainly with me being a big negative aggressive c*nt, but that’s because I’m a big negative aggressive c*nt in real life too.

I felt my reply was justified at the time, but yeah, maybe it wasn’t. Sorry for flying off the handle, I crossed the line.

Fair play mate - forgotten. But yeh I’m not stupid to suggest anyone with an nsc join date post 2010 was a jcl that was just a joke :lol:

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea

Looked like tit for tat to me - that said you've all made up with one another but you're pretty aggressive on here without any great necessity so I don't really see why you're so aggrieved with meeting fire with fire.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Another team to be proud of is the England U-17s this season. They beat Brazil tonight 3-1 and Albion's Haydon Roberts started. In fact he has featured in all 6 of England's games this season and notched a goal against Russia in a 3-0 win on Sunday.

Their next competitive games will be in March when the Elite round of the UEFA U-17 Championships are played. Hopefully they will qualify for the finals to be held in Ireland next May. This also serves as a qualifying tournament for the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup to held in Peru next October.

England's record so far this season is an impressive 6 wins out of 6, scoring 23 goals and conceding 5. It's early days but it's looking like they are shaping up to be an exciting young side that has the potential to have a big impact in both tournaments.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Just watched the Under-21s ease past Scotland 2-0 at Tynecastle. Took until the hour mark and the 92nd minute for the goals, but it could easily have been a battering scoreline - England had 26 shots across the 90 minutes, and 11 on target to Scotland's one. Tomori played the full match.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Just watched the Under-21s ease past Scotland 2-0 at Tynecastle. Took until the hour mark and the 92nd minute for the goals, but it could easily have been a battering scoreline - England had 26 shots across the 90 minutes, and 11 on target to Scotland's one. Tomori played the full match.

I forgot about this and only caught the second half. I thought England looked in almost total control. Most U-21 games this campaign have been terrible to watch with no discernible evidence of a coherent playing style under Boothroyd. But fair play, they have been easier on the eye in the last 2 games which gives some cause for optimism for the finals. Foden and Nelson have given us a new dimension and Tomori and (am I allowed to admit this?) Wan-Bissaka looked very comfortable at this level. I wasn't blown away by Harvey Barnes, but he had the odd moment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here