Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] "Public to nominate" who should appear on the new £50 note

Who would you like to see on the new £50 note?

• Princess Diana

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • David Bowie

Votes: 13 8.5%
  • Margaret Thatcher

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • Ada Lovelace

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Isambard Kingdom Brunel

Votes: 16 10.5%
  • Mary Wollstonecraft

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Stephen Hawking

Votes: 26 17.0%
  • Emmeline Pankhurst

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Brucie

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alan Turing

Votes: 20 13.1%
  • Agatha Christie

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Ant & Dec

• Robbie Williams

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Rylan off X Factor

• Glenn Murray

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Other- please state

Votes: 19 12.4%
  • Mark Bright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Del Boy Trotter

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
This chap fits all the criteria. I nominate:

rik2.jpg

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh dear.

So you're allowed to 'joke', but we're not? I'm not actively wishing the bigoted oaf dead, you daft clown. You were the one advocating he get an honour reversed for dead folk, not me. :thumbsup:

I really can't be arsed to go over the other rubbish again, on what was clearly meant to be a light-hearted thread. We'll just leave it at the pure facts: your man has a criminal conviction for assaulting an off-duty police officer, who intervened into a fracas between himself and a young lady.

i was also joking on this thread perhaps i should have put a smiley , however youve posted a terminalogical inexactitude , on the other thread you clearly stated he was beating up his girlfriend , and then backtracked when you were corrected.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Oh dear.

So you're allowed to 'joke', but we're not? I'm not actively wishing the bigoted oaf dead, you daft clown. You were the one advocating he get an honour reversed for dead folk, not me. :thumbsup:

I really can't be arsed to go over the other rubbish again, on what was clearly meant to be a light-hearted thread. We'll just leave it at the pure facts: your man has a criminal conviction for assaulting an off-duty police officer, who intervened into a fracas between himself and a young lady.

double post

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
i was also joking on this thread perhaps i should have put a smiley , however youve posted a terminalogical inexactitude , on the other thread you clearly stated he was beating up his girlfriend , and then backtracked when you were corrected.

Churchill's already on the fiver.

Shall I put you down for Emmeline Pankhurst instead?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No I didn't - not quite. (I just re-read that thread to check).

I said he was 'prevented from beating up his girlfriend', by the off-duty police officer who stepped in (and was then himself assaulted).

But you are right, on the 'inexactitude' - there's definitely an element of presumption on my part, that the level of aggression he was showing to the woman - sufficient enough for the assault victim to feel the need to step in - would necessarily have led to physical abuse, if unchecked.

Happy now?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
No I didn't - not quite. (I just re-read that thread to check).

I said he was 'prevented from beating up his girlfriend', by the off-duty police officer who stepped in (and was then himself assaulted).

But you are right, on the 'inexactitude' - there's definitely an element of presumption on my part, that the level of aggression he was showing to the woman - sufficient enough for the assault victim to feel the need to step in - would necessarily have led to physical abuse, if unchecked.

Happy now?

yes , thank you mr kraay , and a very good day to you sir.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS. Hasn’t the British voting public done enough damage already? Now there’s going to be a stupid character on the bank notes?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here