Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Peter Brackley RIP

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He did some great quizzes for Mid Sussex Seagulls.

A very funny man.

He will be sadly missed.

RIP Peter.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Our sincerest condolences to the family of Peter Brackley.

A friend of The Albion Roar - a guest a couple of times - and a lovely, funny, charming kind fella. A superb raconteur and supreme piss-taker. He will be much missed.

RIP Peter.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Terrible news, I used to love his commentary on radio Brighton, (we'll live updates as it was in those days) such a distinctive voice, and I believe a fellow Albion fan? R.I.P. Peter.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Very sad. The event that he organised at the Theatre Royal was one of the funniest and enjoyable nights out that I’ve had very talented man.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
He really was the star of the show at The Goldstone Days production at Theatre Royal!

Very funny man, respected broadcaster and tireless fundraiser for good causes to boot.

RIP Peter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An example re missing the recent Fulham game
Writing in the Argus, he said: "Water retention problems mean I am currently being treated for tree trunk lower limbs that make Liverpool midfielder Xherdan Shaqiri’s thunder thighs resemble Twiggy’s pins from her sixties modelling days."

And the classic comment about Pogba “plays like a world beater for France and like a panel beater for United”

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
"Guy Butters - a great guy. When he was playing he was built like a Greek God. Now he's more like a Greek restaurant..."

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Whilst I didn’t know him personally, he was two years above me at HGS and I seem to recall the singer in a school pop group with others including John Vine who became a well known actor. Peter’s mother was school secretary.
He had a great career and must be one of the most well known ex pupils. He’s done a lot of stuff for the Albion over the years and I think he part hosted Grahem Moseley’s testimonial dinner at Hove Town Hall with Bob Bevan. Famous for a slaughtering on TV by Brian Clough, it didn’t put him off and he became a good sports journalist and commentator.
67, blimey, it’s no age and a reminder that nothing in this life is guaranteed.
RIP Brackers - I’m sure there’s a great job up there for you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here