Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Not for me on this one! Not as if he is asset stripping the club! Gave the Spanish Waiter millions to get out of the Championship! Anyway, they will all be happy next Saturday with 3 points that we will, no doubt hand, them!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, still not over the gloating when we GIFTED them the Championship title. **** ‘em be very happy to see them relegated. Another club who think they deserve to be better than they are just because they are massive. (Which they are, in fairness)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would love to know where genuine Newcastle fans think......

The premier league is currently made up of many so called lesser clubs:

Wolves

Yet many so called bigger clubs are not

Middlesbrough

Classing Middlesbrough as a ‘bigger’ club is likely to really upset any Newcastle fans and would slightly irritate most other fans of Premier League/Championship clubs because they are just not a big club!

Take out the Gibson factor, look at their honours and factor in the 13,000 gates they were getting in the Championship a few years ago and you’ll realise they’re about the size of Charlton. Wolves (3 x old Div 1 winners) are much much bigger in comparison.

****ing Palace of the North.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Classing Middlesbrough as a ‘bigger’ club is likely to really upset any Newcastle fans and would slightly irritate most other fans of Premier League/Championship clubs because they are just not a big club!

Take out the Gibson factor, look at their honours and factor in the 13,000 gates they were getting in the Championship a few years ago and you’ll realise they’re about the size of Charlton. Wolves (3 x old Div 1 winners) are much much bigger in comparison.

****ing Palace of the North.

Is there much difference between Middlesbrough and us, when it comes down to it? Solidly if not spectacularly supported clubs who each owe much of their renaissance to a very wealthy and generous local-boy-done-good benefactor.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I've been boycotting Sports Direct & USC for a number of years now because of that t*at but not because he owns NUFC.

He is just a nasty businessman from High Wycombe I believe?

I do feel for Newcastle fans as I do for Blackpool & Charlton fans but I really dont think the comparisons can made - Newcastle are a club recently promoted to the Premier League with a massive fan base and an enormous stadium. He is a locally hated t*at yes but hardly in the same league as the problems of the others.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The joy of Newcastle will only reach it's true conclusion when Ashley finally offloads the club to a proper shitehouse owner.

None of them will ever say 'i wish Ashley was still here' but it'll be written all over their fat, blotchy, Gregg's smeared faces.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there much difference between Middlesbrough and us, when it comes down to it? Solidly if not spectacularly supported clubs who each owe much of their renaissance to a very wealthy and generous local-boy-done-good benefactor.

Other than the fact that one club has a League Cup win and is situated in one of the worst cesspits in the country, no.

I don't think out fans would be quite as crass / classless as they were a few seasons ago.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Equally Aston Villa has a large stadium and big fan base and their supporters should expect a top 10 premier league finish regularly but I wouldn't join their fans in a protest about the owners.

Newcastle have a chairman who doesn't want them but he shouldn't have to sell for less than their worth. It strikes me as a group of ungrateful spoilt children more than a football club being mismanaged and torn apart
I agree that I wouldnt join a protest about Ashley but at the same time I understand their frustration about the current running of the club. I feel Villa fan's frustration too.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ashley has put 250 million of his own money into Newcastle, largely spent on dross by shite managers.

If you want to feel sorry for a club in the NE look just down the road at what Sunderland's chairman Ellis did

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I wish I could justify the expense. I have no problem admitting to liking Newcastle, I've been to see them at St James' with a Newcastle supporting friend a few times and would have liked to go up there for the game. I can't afford it though, so it's a no from me. If Crawley are at home, I might go see them rather than listen on the radio to what will, no doubt, be a game in which we "weren't at the levels required to get a result".

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ashley has put 250 million of his own money into Newcastle, largely spent on dross by shite managers.

They’ve made a profit in their transfer dealings in the past two years so there have been a few good signings too.

I’m not sure it’s Ashley’s own money, he’s probably taken it from Sport Direct’s marketing budget.

Anyway, he wants to generate a huge profit from the sale of the club (much like a DIY mogul wanted a profit from the sale of our ground) and is demanding offers of £350m - £400m.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....nited-up-for-sale-mike-ashley-amanda-staveley

Worst owner in the Premier League.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Worst owner in the Premier League.
Is he?

Sure he's a toad of a man but he's fairly small fry when you look at the competition.

Edit - I doubt Bozza would appreciate what I wrote about half the Premier League owners.

A club that has not won a trophy since 1955.
Duh!
Maybe do a bit of research, starting around 1968-69 and finishing last year ?

I’m not sure it’s Ashley’s own money, he’s probably taken it from Sport Direct’s marketing budget.
If he owns both companies then he's entitled to do so. It's far more tax efficient for NUFC to charge SD the required millions (for advertising and promotion of SD at the Sports Direct Stadium) than to provide taxed funds from his own personal fortune.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I really don't get why we are being called upon to protest Mike Ashley.

He is, IMHO, a tw*t, but that's not a reason to protest.
He's not asset-stripping the club so no reason to protest.
He's not taken them to the brink of non-league football so no reason to protest.
He's ensured that having been kicked off top table, they went pretty much straight back to the trough.
He's not left them in such dire financial straits the players aren't being paid so no reason to protest.
He's not trying to change their name to something catchy or considered lucky in Asia so no reason to protest.
He's not ditching decades of tradition and getting rid of the black and white stripes to play in red because its "lucky" so no reason to protest.
And he hasn't just turfed out 400 of the most loyal toons to make space for his pet goons so no reason to protest.

TBH.. they have f**k all to moan about so no reason to protest.

The toon army can all go f**k themselves.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I really don't get why we are being called upon to protest Mike Ashley.

He is, IMHO, a tw*t, but that's not a reason to protest.
He's not asset-stripping the club so no reason to protest.
He's not taken them to the brink of non-league football so no reason to protest.
He's ensured that having been kicked off top table, they went pretty much straight back to the trough.
He's not left them in such dire financial straits the players aren't being paid so no reason to protest.
He's not trying to change their name to something catchy or considered lucky in Asia so no reason to protest.
He's not ditching decades of tradition and getting rid of the black and white stripes to play in red because its "lucky" so no reason to protest.
And he hasn't just turfed out 400 of the most loyal toons to make space for his pet goons so no reason to protest.

TBH.. they have f**k all to moan about so no reason to protest.

The toon army can all go f**k themselves.

As said earlier, why should we protest when the Geordies aren't.
Unless of course you class a March from Sports Direct (after shopping) to take up their seats at St James Park, while wearing replica kit and stuffing their faces at halftime, a protest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any club's fans who are moaning all the while they have their ground and football league future secure can nick off, and Newcastle fans are among the most entitled twàts around. In fact over the past 2 or 3 years, I've gone from quite admiring that club, to being vaguely ambivalent about them, to downright hoping they get relegated again. They're all too happy to take the piss out of Sunderland, whose fans have been through far worse and aren't making anything like the fuss that Newcastle fans are making, presumably because they realise that having a shit team isn't really the end of the world - we've all been there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here