Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Croatia v England ........ there’s no-one there

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I can see the headlines......

Slam Dunk!

89th minute headed winner against Coatia!

Bring it on .......

TNBA

TTF

or Dunk concedes a pen in the 89th minute... " Dunk'in Doughnut "

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Never under 1000 for a league game as far as I recall. About 1750 for a midweeker in November 98 would be my guess.....
I'd love to know what the official away attendance was for the game v Darlo ("Marco Gabbiadini, again").

Having travelled down from Sheffield with one Darlington fan, and meeting another four in London, I'm pretty sure it must have been five. Mostly because I clearly remember watching (from behind the goal) my mate running up and down the empty terrace celebrating every time they scored.

Christ we were shit then weren't we.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I've got no choice. International matches are supposed to be on terrestial tv, but grabbed by Sky because the qualifiers have a different format/name.
I think that only applied to home games.

Get yourself a NOWTV box, much cheaper way of getting Sky Football.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Sterling - another stupid foul and then he kicks the ball away and gets a yellow. I won't be sad to see the back of this binner for Sancho or Foden.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
Is it just me, or is the pitch amazingly bouncy? Not trying to excuse Rashford but for both sides the ball seems to be bouncing high all of the time.

Trevor Morley just said the same on Norwegian tv. He said it was making the game difficult for both teams.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sterling - another stupid foul and then he kicks the ball away and gets a yellow. I won't be sad to see the back of this binner for Sancho or Foden.

I'd like to quote this for the use of 'binner' as an insult. I havent seen or used that since Varndean in the early 90s. Joeyesque.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
As she left the house tonight my wife asked more in vain hope than expectation 'If you get a chance during the game could you put a wash on...'

Two done. And the shopping. Actually looking for household jobs to do.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Surprised there aren't more Palace players in the squad since they are used to playing in such an atmosphere.

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Maguire was so poor on the ball

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'd love to know what the official away attendance was for the game v Darlo ("Marco Gabbiadini, again").

Having travelled down from Sheffield with one Darlington fan, and meeting another four in London, I'm pretty sure it must have been five. Mostly because I clearly remember watching (from behind the goal) my mate running up and down the empty terrace celebrating every time they scored.

Christ we were shit then weren't we.

Yes. That was probably the worst of all the games. We literally couldn't put 3 passes togther. Every attack began with an aimless hoof. I have an old analogue photo of the away fans in the corner. I counted them and thought there were around 50. Will dig out the picture one of thse days.... :thumbsup:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Yes. That was probably the worst of all the games. We literally couldn't put 3 passes togther. Every attack began with an aimless hoof. I have an old analogue photo of the away fans in the corner. I counted them and thought there were around 50. Will dig out the picture one of thse days.... [emoji106]
Would love to see that.

Despite the horrific football and result it was actually one of the best days out I've ever had. The whole surreal experience of Gillingham, the journey to and from. So many funny situations involved.

Me and my Darlo mate still go on about it.

And the fact that I travelled that far too see one of the worst Brighton performances of all time still makes me laugh.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Same old Stirling

baby-runs-into-oven-with-lampshade-on-head (3).gif

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A decent forward would have scored both

We have a 35 year old who would have put both of those plus the Kane header away. As regards Dunk I think that Gomez will replace Stones and Dunk will only get on if somebody has a stinker or gets injured. It is against Spain so not the beat team for him to debut against.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here