Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Croatia v England ........ there’s no-one there

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We have a 35 year old who would have put both of those plus the Kane header away. As regards Dunk I think that Gomez will replace Stones and Dunk will only get on if somebody has a stinker or gets injured. It is against Spain so not the beat team for him to debut against.

I think you are right. Dunky seems to be Maguire’s understudy.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I'd like to quote this for the use of 'binner' as an insult. I havent seen or used that since Varndean in the early 90s. Joeyesque.

Someone called me a 'binner' in the 90's at Varndean! If that was you, I have never forgotten it! :bigwave:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Ran us ragged a couole of weeks ago, playing in an attack minded team, quality player imo. With Kane misfiring he hasn’t got much to play off in an England shirt.

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Remember the news story a couple of weeks back - that Premier League clubs don't rely on the income from supporters to survive - and Barber's "we don't need to sell tea to make a difference to our profitability" - well this rubbish gives the lie to that lazy thinking. Football without the fans is nothing - I'd rather cut the salaries in half than watch top level football with no fans at all. Even Martin Tyler was whispering his way through the commentary - what a lot of old codswallop.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I've never seen such low player ratings by the BBC (and great English public); our front 4 have been savaged. Normally players get a 6 at least out of loyalty.

IMG_2893.PNG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All things considered, this tournament seems an utter waste of time. The most entertainment you’ll get from it is trying to figure out how it works.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Why the slagging off of one of England's most talented young players?

Disagree with me by all means but don't call me a wanker.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Apologies. Still want to see the back of him?

Not scoring for England in 3 years then having a good night against Spain doesn't cut it for me. Before last night he'd scored 2 goals in 45 matches for England over a 6 year period - against Lithuania and Estonia. That is just plain piss poor.

He's been shit in the last 3 major tournaments we've played in and usually gets subbed, carded or both in those matches. Maybe (finally!) he's showing a bit of maturity and with Sancho and Foden breathing down his neck he's produced it in the nick of time to save his skin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here